• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 20 ITT (Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles, 36.2km)

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I thought Roglic would win the TT but still 5th is not a choke. Pogacar just rode out of his mind. This win for Pogacar is exponentially more impressive than Bernal’s last year. No team, racing against maybe as good of a team as we’ve seen. Just unbelievable.
yep, I am a big roglic fan but this kid is something special.
I wonder if that means Aru is no longer a leader of UAE:D

the thing is Jumbo assembled a team and the similar riding tactics as Sky/Ineos. However, to make that work, you have to have the strongest guy by far who can pulverize the opposition probably on the first big mountain stage.

froome could put huge time into opponents either in TT or first MTF.

if you do not have that dominant rider, then you are basically acting as the team for the strongest rider (who may not be on your team).

Porte's received his fair share of mockery as a GT rider (from myself included and at times justified) but man, it feels kind of emotional to finally see him on the podium of the Tour on his last outing as a leader.
Reminds me of Balas rainbow win. I hated the guy normally and was screaming for Bardet to the line but in that moment on the podium I finally felt something for him

the thing is Jumbo assembled a team and the similar riding tactics as Sky/Ineos. However, to make that work, you have to have the strongest guy by far who can pulverize the opposition probably on the first big mountain stage.

froome could put huge time into opponents either in TT or first MTF.

if you do not have that dominant rider, then you are basically acting as the team for the strongest rider (who may not be on your team).
JV clearly had this stage down as a banker. Issue was Roglic was strong enough to put some time into Pogacar (or keep time gap) on other stages. And they didn’t do it.

UNBELIEVABLE! Congrats to Tadej on TdF victory! It was an extra-terrestial performance, incredible. I was already very surprised when he reduced Roglic's advantage by 30' on flat. The suspence was rising. There were two possisilities: either he's simply stronger than his rival (who may have a weaker day) or he rode it too fast (while Roglic was saving himself for the last push uphill). When Pogacar was flying uphill and overtaing Primoz in virtual GC I knew It was the former. Incredible turn of events! These seconds in virtual GC were flying in Pogacar's favour. BTH What was Pogacar's VAM on the climb? (I'm expecting a record-breaking performance, he was about 80 seconds faster than Dumoulin and Roglic). Also congrats to Primoz for a great fight - it wasn't his best day coupled with outstanding performance of his rival. I was a bit sad when I saw him after the TT. Also congrats to Porte for his first podium at the Tour. It's time for a beer celebrating Tadej's success.

TRENDING THREADS