• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 4 (Sisteron – Orcières-Merlette, 160.5 km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Roglic first day without a bandage on his arm

Eg04jmAWsAcCWnB

Nothing will happen until 109 k to go.

The intermediate sprint is at the foot of the first climb, so we may see someone use that as a launch pad for a break.

Otherwise, the GC action will start with around 40 k to go, according to Rolf Soerensen who rode the route.
The last 20-25 k run in to the foot of the final climb, is up and down, left and right, with occasional steep ramps.

De Gendt in 3rd position in the peloton.

I think that's the first time in years I have seen him, not either in the break or at the back of the peloton.
I think he was at the front of the peloton a lot, often chasing breakaways for his main sprinter, be it Ewan or Greipel, in the last several years?

Btw. it's funny how my Van Garderen, Aru, Porte prediction got much more reactions when it was for a mountain stage than for a flat stage.

Reactions: yaco
Today’s daily newspaper Le Parisien wonders if a famous sentence from French Emperor Napoleon will apply to Julian Alaphilippe: “If I cross Sisteron, nobody will stop me until Paris.” Napoleon made that statement on his way back from Elba island to reconquer power in the capital of France in March 1815 and he made it.

“Ah, no difficulties can ever daunt me,' replied d'Artagnan: 'my only fear is, of impossibilities. '

Reactions: Sandisfan
Today’s daily newspaper Le Parisien wonders if a famous sentence from French Emperor Napoleon will apply to Julian Alaphilippe: “If I cross Sisteron, nobody will stop me until Paris.” Napoleon made that statement on his way back from Elba island to reconquer power in the capital of France in March 1815 and he made it.

Why do they have to put that pressure on him? I mean, they have serious contenders for the GC, Pinot, maybe even Martin, maybe, maybe even Bardet. Do they want to break him, too?