• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour De France 2021, stage 1 (Brest-Landerneau, 197.8 km)

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Crashes happen all the time. And they did wait.

But waiting longer and they not gonna catch Shelling for the stage. Might as well end the race if everyone is supposed to get back before they can continue to ride in some people eyes. Who knows when some riders might come back, when some may have had their race ended right there.

It is up to the organizer to either neutralize or stop the entire race. Not one team.

The race is on...

Crashes happen all the time. And they did wait.

But waiting longer and they not gonna catch Shelling for the stage. Might as well end the race if everyone is supposed to get back before they can continue to ride in some people eyes. Who knows when some riders race might come back, when some may have had their race ended right there.

It is up to the organizer to either neutralize or stop the entire race. Not one team.

The race is on...

Tbh, this is one of the few times I would think it's acceptable for the riders to just stop and refuse to ride/entertain until proper respect is given to their safety.

Absolutely not.

Reckless endangerment is punishable by law, and he/she should be charged.

Usually I'd agree, if you did that in front of a cyclist on a cycling lane I'm sure you'd get punished legally. But I'm thinking of the moto-rider who was envolved in Ala's crash and got threatened over the internet although he wasn't even seriously at fault.
(I don't want to defend the behaviour, I really hate it, I just want to say this person will suffer.)

Reactions: gregrowlerson

TRENDING THREADS