• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 19: Mourenx – Libourne, 207.0 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DQS to chase I would think is guaranteed. If people don’t want to chase for a sprint here what makes people think they’ll help out on the Champs? Would be foolish to let the opportunity go.
Cav didn't sound convinced at all yesterday (https://www.flobikes.com/collections/7078093-2021-tour-de-france-interviews?playing=7108074)

"I don't know [if there will be a sprint tomorrow]. If there is, I'll try... but it's 205 kilometers. It's been a hard week, you know. I'd like for my boys to sit in the peloton. They deserve it."

But this was right after the stage, not in a good state. Things may have changed over night of course

Reactions: IndurainsTdF1994
UAE will probably do nothing at all to control the tempo or monitor who goes in the break unless a top 5 guy slips in there with a few teammates but even then the onus is not on them to chase with a near 6 minute lead.

DQS will have to work hard to keep things close or I can see a big break contesting the stage.

Cav didn't sound convinced at all yesterday (https://www.flobikes.com/collections/7078093-2021-tour-de-france-interviews?playing=7108074)

"I don't know [if there will be a sprint tomorrow]. If there is, I'll try... but it's 205 kilometers. It's been a hard week, you know. I'd like for my boys to sit in the peloton. They deserve it."

But this was right after the stage, not in a good state. Things may have changed over night of course
He’s downplayed it pretty much the whole Tour. I’d be very surprised if they just let the stage go without trying.

He’s downplayed it pretty much the whole Tour. I’d be very surprised if they just let the stage go without trying.

They aren't a team that hands out gifts, and there's no reason to preserve strength today for most of their team, but if a really good break gets away and they have to ride alone all day?

I think they'll definitely try if it's doable, but it could be too difficult regardless of what they want.

They aren't a team that hands out gifts, and there's no reason to preserve strength today for most of their team, but if a really good break gets away and they have to ride alone all day?

I think they'll definitely try if it's doable, but it could be too difficult regardless of what they want.
As was discussed in previous posts, they should be sticking someone in the break to sit on/disrupt.

If I were running DQS and had an eye on press coverage and exciting the sponsors, I’d want Cavendish going for the record on the last day in Paris.
Let the team relax today and go for broke on Sunday.
Dunno if these things come into play tho’

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Sprints and reconing mountain stages during the night, performing worse during the day, lust for green which is made from blue which is unoxygenated blood, sprinters literally climbing for their lives in the mountains, rejuvenated at 36, and avoiding Morton…..

Are we sure Cavendish and by extension Quickstep are not vampires?
What? That's nonsense.

DQS are werewolves, everybody knows that:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRPBYZ3MIPe/?utm_medium=copy_link

TRENDING THREADS