• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 8: Oyonnax – Le Grand-Bornand, 150.8 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think this (and Ventoux) are the best chances to put "more time" on Pogi. Portet and Ardinen are hard but on a single MTF, I don't see Carapaz putting significant time on Tadej and he as like 3-4 minutes advantage (given the last TT). So yeah, Ineos WILL try something I think.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think this (and Ventoux) are the best chances to put "more time" on Pogi. Portet and Ardinen are hard but on a single MTF, I don't see Carapaz putting significant time on Tadej and he as like 3-4 minutes advantage (given the last TT). So yeah, Ineos WILL try something I think.
Is Ventoux a chance to put time into Pogacar, or for him to recreate Superman's time gaps from the Dénivelé Challenge?

Ineos tactics might define this stage. The performance of Pogacar's team yesterday will have been noted by rival DS. Unfortunately the stage design will help the break more than the GC battle if a few good climbers make the break. Ineos have to make use of their numbers on every climbing stage otherwise they are just riding for a podium. Defending attacks can also wear down teams especially when teams don't always decide to help each other with the chase.

It's funny that Alapeepees name is only mentioned once because he's constantly thrown out as the next stage winner only to disappoint. I'd swear the official Le tour site is his personal cheerleader. Pitiful. That said, it seems like he's got the best chance at a podium yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he looked really good today and solidified his spot as a contender for 2nd or 3rd.

Ineos to set a train to eliminate UAE. Richie Porte & Carapaz to attack, with Movistar chasing. Pogacar to wheelsuck down to the finish & win the grouped sprint & take yellow after van Aert had gotten dropped like a potato & finishes 4 minutes down. Meanwhile, van der Poel will attempt to get into a breakaway early again & then explode entirely.

All hopes & dreams of Friday's exciting crazy scenario dashed & Pogacar firmly in yellow, with Ineos & Movistar then engaged in their own little battle for the remaining podium spots in the rest of the Tour.

TRENDING THREADS