• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022 route rumors thread.

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The cobbles:
FBp1uf3XMAoIyaY

Reactions: Poursuivant
Markstein itself is a very lame climb. It's a bit steeper to start but even a decent amateur rides 20+ kph up there in the second half. If there is a selection to be made on such a stage it definitely has to happen early on petit ballon / platzerwasel.
Yeah, exactly. The last part from the top of Platzerwasel to Le Markstein is really easy. Less than 10 kms of flat or gentle climb. The riders would be forced to attack from further out.

Markstein itself is a very lame climb. It's a bit steeper to start but even a decent amateur rides 20+ kph up there in the second half. If there is a selection to be made on such a stage it definitely has to happen early on petit ballon / platzerwasel.
Depend from where they start it but I remember doing it as a kid with a old rusted VTT, was not impressed by the steepness, the road is also quite large and turns are almost flat.

I dunno, the 2 stages with the Galibier look OK. And so does the Hautacam stage. No real surprises which is unfortunate. I really dislike fake climbs like "super" PDBF or the lacets de montvernier (a gimmick road built for tourists, right?). There are plenty of difficult natural cols.

Really, though, the challenge is going to be who shows up in form against Pogacar. If he has real challengers then the route will look great. If it's a walkover like last year we can hope for interesting stage winners...

Reactions: Jumbo Visma Fan :)
The Tour is like some easy to watch TV show. Great audiences, predictable plot and more of the same in each season.

Even the stage hosts I get the feeling are becoming more and more repeated in short intervals of time. Rodez, Longwy, Carcassone, Mende, I have the impression it's always the same places.

True. It's safe and predictable, typical ASO - No risk taking for them. Do the same things, get the same results/ winners.......

Reactions: Sandisfan