• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 1 (Copenhagen – Copenhagen, 13.2k/ITT)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The trickiest bit comes in the second half of the course, as the road narrows for the sinuous passage between the Kastellet (the Citadel) and the Little Mermaid statue.

RSawBV6.jpg
Fun fact: my nephew holds the Strava record for a circuit of the Kastellet (running).

Just saying...

Would love to see a performance of Pogacar which is not so inhuman, that the tour will stay exciting at least for a few stages.
But based on what I saw the last month and years I would say that Ganna will win this and Pogacar will come second at this stage pretty close to Ganna. All other GC contenders will lose already seconds if not minutes to Pogacar here..
Would love to be wrong...

Pog to win the stage 1 TT by a minute over Ganna and Wout. All the other GC guys pick up their toys and go home. Forum seizes up due to posting frenzy. :laughing:

Yes. That pretty much sums up the pre-race state of things and predictions. Not much more to add to that. Maybe you are just a bit too modest. As only 1 minute? Best to add 10 minutes as that is way better then a mere 1 minute?

• Haha
Reactions: JosefK
Would love to see a performance of Pogacar which is not so inhuman, that the tour will stay exciting at least for a few stages.
But based on what I saw the last month and years I would say that Ganna will win this and Pogacar will come second at this stage pretty close to Ganna. All other GC contenders will lose already seconds if not minutes to Pogacar here..

Pogačar can't beat all of Van Aert, Van der Poel, Küng and Bissegger in such a short flat TT. Nobody relevant for GC will lose minutes either.

Reactions: JosefK and Breh

I think you will be... How will Roglic and Vingegaard lose minutes to Pogacar on 13 kms?

How will Pogacar beat Bissegger or Van Aert?

I think you will be... How will Roglic and Vingegaard lose minutes to Pogacar on 13 kms?

How will Pogacar beat Bissegger or Van Aert?
I said "seconds if not minutes ". So the better time trialists Roglic and Vingegaard will lose seconds. I would say 10 Roglic and 20 Vingegaard. Guys like Ben O'Connor can lose a minute here.
I think it´s possible that Pogacar will be faster than Bissegger and van Aert here..

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I think this is an interesting first stage because of the city route and the competitors. Ganna, Van Aert, Roglic, Küng, Pogacar, van der Poel sounds good for a time trial, even if very short. Should it not be Ganna who takes yellow this could shape tactics, too.

There is a rainy forecast for the riders that start latest. The course is super technical so bike handling skills will be needed.

Asgreen to take the opener

In the OP it states that the course is not very technical. I've heard people say it's not technical at all, except for the final 1/4 and I've also heard it's a very technical course.

Not to mention all the different weather forecasts. How am I able to predict this TT now?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS