• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 1 (Copenhagen – Copenhagen, 13.2k/ITT)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The fun begins with a fairly short, completely flat time trial, confirming ASO’s return to the two-TT format after three editions with just the one individual effort from 2018 to 2020. In spite of its urban nature – this being the Danish capital and all that – the route isn’t overly technical.

c24c2

Map

Stage description
One of the notable things about Copenhagen is the amount of parks surrounding the city centre, as the old remparts were mostly used for this purpose, and it is next to one of these parks that the start ramp is located. The way out north to the timecheck takes the riders past the national football stadium at Parken. The trickiest bit comes in the second half of the course, as the road narrows for the sinuous passage between the Kastellet (the Citadel) and the Little Mermaid statue. The final section of the course heads through the heart of the city, past the royal seat of Amalienborg and the governmental seat of Christiansborg, to the finish, sat between city hall and the famous amusement park Tivoli.

Final kilometres
QDG9ZpN.jpg

RSawBV6.jpg

Copenhagen_Cykelslangen_3.jpg

Cykelslangen (“Cycling snake”), the showpiece of Copenhagen’s cycling infrastructure
Apologies if this has been addressed already, but for us Yanks (or at least for me) - what does the 24t encircled in red road sign mean? (I mean, I can only hope any kind of person riding/walking/running those stretches isn't anywhere close to weighing 24 tons?)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Apologies if this has been addressed already, but for us Yanks (or at least for me) - what does the 24t encircled in red road sign mean? (I mean, I can only hope any kind of person riding/walking/running those stretches isn't anywhere close to weighing 24 tons?)

I think it refers to the bridge, and that you can't cross the bridge in a truck if you're above that weight.

But I'm not a truck driver so that's just a guess.

Feels like this is one of the best TT lineups we've seen in quite a while. Only missing Evenepoel and Dennis?

Ganna, Van Aert, Roglic, Pogacar, Vingegaard, Bissegger, Kung, Van Der Poel, Thomas,... all in top shape and you could make a case for each of them to win this opening TT.

Feels like this is one of the best TT lineups we've seen in quite a while. Only missing Evenepoel and Dennis?

Ganna, Van Aert, Roglic, Pogacar, Vingegaard, Bissegger, Kung, Van Der Poel, Thomas,... all in top shape and you could make a case for each of them to win this opening TT.
Ironically, I can’t make a case for any other riders outside of your list to win. Going To be fun to watch

Reactions: gregrowlerson
I can confirm as stated by others that it's the max weight of a truck through the little bridge leftwards below the bicycle bridge. There's another sign (angled differently, so less visible on the photo) that says 32 t. This is the maximum total weight of a truck with trailer.

TRENDING THREADS