• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 11 (Albertville – Col du Granon Serre Chevalier, 151.7k)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
nnzDB8Y.png

Just tuned in for a short lunch break.
I don't quite follow TJV 'tactics' - IMO this is not the method of breaking Tadej's armor.
Only idea that comes to me is if TJV and WvA times it at the summit of Galibier
But UAE can obviously just mitigate to Tadej's tempo and ensure that TJV 'tactics' fails.

Just tuned in for a short lunch break.
I don't quite follow TJV 'tactics' - IMO this is not the method of breaking Tadej's armor.
Only idea that comes to me is if TJV and WvA times it at the summit of Galibier
But UAE can obviously just mitigate to Tadej's tempo and ensure that TJV 'tactics' fails.

Pretty straightforward tactics if you ask me. You send one or two guys in the breakaway in case Vingegard and/or Roglic catch up, then you attack with other riders and make Pogacar sacrifice all his domestiques so that he's isolated early on.

Reactions: RobertCrawley

TRENDING THREADS