• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 11 (Albertville – Col du Granon Serre Chevalier, 151.7k)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So the question now will be, if Jumbo or Ineos will attack at the Galibier.

Van Aert is a fantastic Relais-Station from the top of the Galibier to the foot of the Granon. Benoot, Kruiswijk and Kuss have to make the pace, so that Pogacar is isolated. Then Roglic has to attack. Hopefully Ineos will not chase his attack down...

Pretty straightforward tactics if you ask me. You send one or two guys in the breakaway in case Vingegard and/or Roglic catch up, then you attack with other riders and make Pogacar sacrifice all his domestiques so that he's isolated early on.
Heh, sry dunno why I completely forgot Roglic, only thinking of Kuss for support at Galibier.
Looking much forward to some Roglstomping ramping up Vingegaard for an attack - i.e. not as small aggressive jabs but just pushing the tempo gradually up on Pogacar's limits for the final brutal 2k's of Galibier. Just requires Vingegaard's faith that he can pull out Pogacar from the wheel, not by numerous attacks, totally suiting Pogacar's style.

TRENDING THREADS