• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 12 (Briançon – Alpe d’Huez, 165.1k)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'd love to see a finish on Alpe d'Huez via the Col de Sarenne.
Idiots could gather and amuse themselves on the traditional Alpe ascent while real fans watch the race in peace.
I don't understand why so many people want to see Alpe d' huez via the Sarenne. The Sarenne really isn't that hard and I would argue whether it even would be a HC....We had this finish in the Dauphine back in 2017 and nothing happened until they rejoined the last 3km of the traditional side. Now what I would like to see would be Alpe d huez/ Sarenne/ Les Deux Alpes. That could be epic

Reactions: hscoach2
Alpe d‘Huez today, a big highlight. Pogi has to attack this time, Vingegaard seems stronger. And the old heroes like Nairo, Bardet, Thomas and Froome are back in the game. I expect great racing once again. One question is, how does Pogi come back after yesterday?
His team isn't good enough so he'll have to do it all by himself. Even if Pog is stronger, Vingegaard will have better team support. It's also possible that Pog ends up burrying himself. He's gone deep on the cobbles, he had to go deep yesterday, while Vingegaard has ridden much more wisely and efficiently.

Alpe d‘Huez today, a big highlight. Pogi has to attack this time, Vingegaard seems stronger. And the old heroes like Nairo, Bardet, Thomas and Froome are back in the game. I expect great racing once again. One question is, how does Pogi come back after yesterday?

Today is the time for Pogačar not to lose time, he should wait for Mende and the Pyrenean stages to attack as Vingegård should be a bit more tired by then.

TRENDING THREADS