• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 19 (Castelnau-Magnoac – Cahors, 188.3k)

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wout selfishly thinking that it is his prerogative to decide whose day it is.
Likely it is his call in the field. LaPorte was fresher and, if it were my situation as WvA I'd expect alot of immediate attention. Watching the broadcast it looked like he even gave the Laporte the "go" nod and then covered behind him slightly to allow a gap. That's how strategy works in the closing and you have about 1/2 second to execute. They also got lucky that no one was assigned to go with LaPorte from another team. Well done.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Likely it is his call in the field. LaPorte was fresher and, if it were my situation as WvA I'd expect alot of immediate attention. Watching the broadcast it looked like he even gave the Laporte the "go" nod and then covered behind him slightly to allow a gap. That's how strategy works in the closing and you have about 1/2 second to execute. They also got lucky that no one was assigned to go with LaPorte from another team. Well done.

Wout being selfish has become a sarcastic meme at this point.

Reactions: shalgo
I take it that the 3''-rule was in effect yesterday, and that was the reason for the gap being annulled. With the result now, the first group behind Laporte is the biggest one, so the rule should apply, but I wonder if anyone has the full provisional results from yesterday before they applied the rule?

6nv39y.jpg

TRENDING THREADS