• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 20 (Lacapelle-Marival – Rocamadour, 40.7k/ITT)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/2pwzpw5

Wind forcecast from a weather station a few clicks north of Rocamadour (if publicly available apps are worth anything). Mostly headwind/sidewind, but also pretty faint (1-2 BFT). Given the twisty-turny parcours I don’t think wind will be a major factor. Maybe an ever so slight advantage for earlier runners at best.
And this is why G never tried to move up in GC. HUGE weather advantage compared to Vingegaard and Pogacar.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
There are at least 10 guys better on TT course like this (Thomas 2x, Kung, Wout, Ganna, Cattaneo, Laporte, Tratnik, Bissegger, Bettiol). He will also go all out from the start and overcook himself.

Pogačar has ridden 5 GT ITTs, which have had different lengths and profiles, and his worst result is 11th. And although this one is comparable to the one, where he finished 11th, he's clearly a much better rider today than he was during the 2019 Vuelta.

It's possible that he's going to crack in a final attempt to turn things around, but the course itself shouldn't really trouble him much.

Last edited:
Ganna hasn't looked great all Tour although that may also be due to Ineos super passive approach and he has simply been chilling. When is he attempting the hour record? I wonder if his training has changed a bit this year, has definitely looked less dominant.
Going with WVA, Pogacar to take 50 seconds of Vingegaard.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Ganna hasn't looked great all Tour although that may also be due to Ineos super passive approach and he has simply been chilling. When is he attempting the hour record? I wonder if his training has changed a bit this year, has definitely looked less dominant.
Going with WVA, Pogacar to take 50 seconds of Vingegaard.
His hour record has been postponed has been told on Eurosport. So his shape must be quite poor.

There are at least 10 guys better on TT course like this (Thomas 2x, Kung, Wout, Ganna, Cattaneo, Laporte, Tratnik, Bissegger, Bettiol). He will also go all out from the start and overcook himself.
What? B. Thomas, Cattaneo, Laporte, Tratnik and Bettiol better than Pogacar? Heck, you could argue that Pogacar is better than Bissegger as well. I'd take Pogacar head to head in all those matchups at even odds any day of the week while calling my bank to celebrate.

TRENDING THREADS