• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 21 (Paris La Défense Arena – Paris Champs-Élysées, 115.6k)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think it's the first time since 1989 we've finished with three different current or former TDF winners on the podium together at the end of the race (2012 had Wiggins with Froome and Nibali, but they were future winners).
Which is odd, given that the last time this happened in the Giro and Vuelta was 2017 and 2013 respectively (2014 if you count Froome's 2011 Vuelta win, which hadn't been awarded retroactively at the time) and former winners tend to return to the Tour more often than those two. Yes, Indurain and Armstrong's run of wins matters, but the Tours from 2006 up to and including this one have had 12 different winners in 17 years (including retroactive winners) so it's weird it hasn't happened in that time yet.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and perico
courtesy of PCS.

Which team has the most KMs on the front?

18 stages done, excluding time trials. Teams that have been the most stages in the break.

Who has accumulated the most bonification seconds?

I have a medical/technical question: I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post it (originally I posted it on the corona thread) but here goes. Concerning covid, isn't there a doctor/patient confidentiality agreement? What I mean is there seems to be a very enthusiastic revealing by the powers who run the sport to zero in on the type of disease a rider may acquire during a race. For example during Le Tour 2022 which I have been watching on USA tv station. Magnus Cort and several others acquired covid and were disqualified. But for example Marc Soler also caught a bug (I think it was intestinal) but nobody zeroed in on what the name of the bug was. Is it because it wasn't covid? What I'm trying to say is why is it so easily revealed as covid? Why not just disqualify the rider if you must and just announce that it was due to illness? I apologize for not making my statement clear enough, I feel like I'm not explaining it correctly.
GO WOUT!!

TRENDING THREADS