• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 3 (Vejle – Sønderborg, 182k)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sagan on the sprint in L'Equipe. He felt he was impeded but maybe he waited too long to jump. He leaves it to the judges to deal with it.

Peter Sagan (4e de la 3e étape du Tour de France) : « Tout était parfait. J'étais en bonne position, tout allait bien. Mais il m'a manqué un petit truc à la fin. J'ai peut-être attendu un peu trop. Je finis quatrième, c'est bien. (Sur la régularité du sprint) Il y a un jury pour ça. Il faut regarder les images à télévision. »

Feeling sorry for Sagan as idiot WVA not keeping his line, hopefully DE's DS challenges that to the comms. Not necessarily meaning Peto was a winning horse but the rules are them rules.

DG very humble at the interview. Was not actually jumping high from joy. I kinda see what it can be inside young man, when he's a truly fearsome warrior, then again not planning to kill anyone in his game, but somehow almost managed to get into that situation. And took all the hate this sport can give you, inside his head for a moment.
Same post calling Van Aert an idiot while feeling sorry for Groenewegen for what happened in Poland and after ... What? Is this candid camera? AM I BEING PUNKED?

Chris Horner's take is that Wout should have been relegated to the back of the big first group (allowing him to keep the yellow jersey but losing all the green jersey points from today's finish).
Seems like a fair call. However, this is probably the first time i have ever seen Van Aert deviate from his line, as he is one of the few who usually sprints dead straight. If they could ever make an exception, it would be for him. Funny though that Sagan of all people is the one to point the finger, literally.

That's irrelevant, we are talking about Cav today, not at some other point during his career.
The CAV winning 4 stages and green in the Tour last year. The Cav of this year with 5 victories, one in the Giro. The Cav winning the British championship last week. Seriously ?
Of course Cav isn't as strong as 10 years ago. But some days, in the position of Jacobsen two days ago and of Groenewegen yesterday could have won the stage. Actually we should look up what you wrote about Cav just before the Tour last year.
I suspect that you, like many other "connoisseurs" did not predict at all that he would win four stages and the green jersey.

Sagan on the sprint in L'Equipe. He felt he was impeded but maybe he waited too long to jump. He leaves it to the judges to deal with it.

Peter Sagan (4e de la 3e étape du Tour de France) : « Tout était parfait. J'étais en bonne position, tout allait bien. Mais il m'a manqué un petit truc à la fin. J'ai peut-être attendu un peu trop. Je finis quatrième, c'est bien. (Sur la régularité du sprint) Il y a un jury pour ça. Il faut regarder les images à télévision. »

Which shows that even Sagan is a lot smarter and more realistic than the experts here. The jury confirmed that it was a regular sprint. Case closed.

Which shows that even Sagan is a lot smarter and more realistic than the experts here. The jury confirmed that it was a regular sprint. Case closed.

Seems a bit biased. Case closed defiantly, but your perspective is very one sided if you really think that what Van Aert did there was fair. However, I do agree he normally doesn't do this, but if we went in for total fair play he would have gotten deducted points or relegated to last place in the group.

TRENDING THREADS