• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2023, stage 12: Roanne - Belleville-en-Beaujolais, 168.8k

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm comfortable with a Turkish person bringing and waving a Turkish flag. Seems fine. Better than people waving those give-away Japanese-ish flags in riders' faces.
Clearly you need glasses. It looks like a Japanese flag but it's just a red heart. And there is no logical relation between the appearance of a waving flag and that same flag being waved in rider's faces.

Also, waving a Turkish flag just because it's Turkish and has no relation with the peloton is obnoxious.

Most sources list Ineos as having the highest budget, though I imagine UAE may have more funds than are listed. I imagine Ineos have fat contracts for their existing riders, which probably explains why they're having to let a lot go. Bernal and Thomas must be earning a lot, and they're supposedly looking to make a big move for Remco.
That does seem to be the accepted wisdom, but just can't see it anymore. The numbers don't add up. They're going to have a very threadbare GC team next year at this rate and don't believe the Remco rumours. Bad move for the team and the rider.