• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour De France 2024 Stage 8: Semur-en-Auxois – Colombey-les-Deux-Églises, 183.4k

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Remco and Pog tried. Both lost positions with 1km to go. Still made up a lot of ground and finished 10th and 13th.
From the frontal shot at 1k it really didn't look like Pog was trying. He was sitting upright, just making sure he wasn't behind a gap, and then wins a lot of positions in the end because sprinters dying are dying on a 4% hill.

De Lie should have just sprinted with 350 when he had room. It's uphill, and a long sprint is exactly what he's good at.

The reason he gets boxed in is cause the leadouts weren't fast enough.
Yeah, he had space to just go, and he delayed, and got overtaken on both sides, but even after that, should have gone left instead of cycling right up the middle of Girmay and Philipsen

Reactions: jaylew
De Lie tried to pass where there was no space, between two rather reckless sprinters.

Ghirmay saw that Evenepoel now also has one Tour stage win and took it personal.
Bini — beating Belgians since the junior ranks.😉
When you win a stage or race, typically it is considered that you have beaten all opponents in the peloton, not just those from one particular nation.
I think.

Tadej and DSs talk about the gravel sections as a crap shoot. Tadej just mentioned that a puncture at the wrong time could be disastrous.

Not sure how I feel about gravel stages. I know it's the modern thing.
Theoretically, it’s true that bad luck on a gravel stage can prove costly in the GC. But I can’t think of any examples where this was actually the case. With all the pacing via cars etc, the danger is further reduced.

Reactions: RobertCrawley