• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France: Stage 18, Blagnac – Brive-la-Gaillarde 222.5KM

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
Euskaltel, Saur-Sojasun and Cofidis were among the teams who chased like obsessed today, without even trying to attack when the break was caught.

Well Cofidis tried, but the timing of the attack was quite possibly the worst I've ever seen.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The Barb said:
Oh my God that looked amazing from the overhead camera.

Great stage.

Luis Leon may have won it if he goes 100m earlier? Ahhh, probably not, but he blew it all the same.

Sanchez did everything right, sometimes it just doesn't work.

Immense win from Cav.

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Christomir said:
Wiggins working for the sprinters again? :O Who was the last overall winner you guys remember doing that while in yellow?

what a great TDF winner

would u ever see lance do something like this?

chapeau!

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Great sprint by Cav!! today nobody wouldve beaten him... even tough Sagan was boxed big time before the last corner, because before then he had been positioned perfectly-still would be max 2nd

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Incredible stuff from Cav - seems he's riding in to form just in time.
Very nice to see Wiggins working for him today, shows just how much he's got left in the tank.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
I am not going to quote those poeple few pages ago that thought Cav couldn't get over the hill ... :p

Great win ! :)

If Sky can turn Porte and Michael Rogers into super domestiques turning Cav into a climber is easy.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Arnout said:
Lemme go during the stage ok?

I guess it's convenient to pick my messages about Sky and not about Liquigas, Greenedge and whoever dared to chase, to act all smug and frustrated once again.

Seriously Sky fans, grow up :rolleyes:

You are the only one using offensive language on a team and you're telling him to grow up ? :confused: :rolleyes:

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
What the hell were Garmin doing at the end?

Millar dropped in front of Wiggins to take Cavendish to the line - what do you think they were doing?

(Farrar actually is getting better after his horrible tour, he got another top 10 so wasn't too bad by Millar)