• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 5: Carhaix - Cap Fréhel 164.5 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Contador looked very frustrated when he crashed. He can't afford to mess around like that, he should have been focused on getting going again as fast as possible. Still, back in the pack now. Let's see if he drops back for a word with the race doctor.

As for the intermediate sprint, I think Cav was right to complain, he would be relegated for that kind of thing easily. Still, he should have kept riding instead of complaining.

Eyeballs Out said:
If Leopard-Trek had been drilling it Contador and Gesink wouldn't have got back

My guess is they are setting themselves up for the crosswinds that are coming up, they clearly weren't trying to put any time into anyone yet as it took about 10 minutes to close a 1 minute gap.

spalco said:
They can't have been riding hard if Contador gets back that quickly. Don't make any more drama than there needs to be. The crashes themselves are bad enough.

It took a long chase and a Cofidis (should be invited for the Tour for the next 10 years) car to get back 40 seconds, after that Leopard gave up.

The intention was there. We have official confirmation they have double standards.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Eyeballs Out said:
If Leopard-Trek had been drilling it Contador and Gesink wouldn't have got back

TdS springs to mind and Leotard drilling it when BM had a flat and I'm sure now their DS has informed them that Contador/Gesink have crashed.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Contador has got to stop messing around in the back half of the peloton. Get to the front and stay there, especially if there are crosswinds coming.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Leopard still riding a furious pace.

Sportmanship comes first for this team.

Where was the sportmanship when Schleck dropped his chain? I would freaking do it aswell if I would get backstabbed like that.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Lots of people getting very angry at Leopard for doing nothing at all, they didn't accelerate after Contador went down or he wouldn't have caught back up so quickly.

We probably won't know if there are relegations at the intermediate sprint for ages, the Cav/Thor announcement didn't happen until three hours after the finish.

TRENDING THREADS