• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 6: Montargis - Gueugnon, 225 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Nah, Petacchi looks just as fast. Renshaw made the difference.

Well Farrar was right on Cav's wheel and used him for the final lead-out in the last 150 ms, but then went nowhere, when Cav opened up.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
EBH was boxed behind McEwen today, looked fast again. But still impressive, it's just a year ago he started to contest bunch sprints, wonder what he can do with more experience.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hawkwood said:
Well Farrar was right on Cav's wheel and used him for the final lead-out in the last 150 ms, but then went nowhere, when Cav opened up.

Farrar is still suffering from his crash - you could see from the helicopter shot Farrar was unable to 'pull' on the bars for the final acceleration.

I am surprised he is already back contesting sprints - tough cookie.

A

Anonymous

Carl0880 said:
There was a confrontation at the finish between Costa of Caisse and I believe the other was Carlos Barredo of quickstep. This may result in them being kicked out of the Tour if the referee caught it.

There was also someone from Rabo (not a rider) in an argument with someone else at that exact same spot. I guess we will have to wait and see what it was all about.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Renshaw is a freaking beast! He could easily have taken that sprint.

Possibly, but I'd like to see him get a win sometime during the Tour.

Tremendous bike handler and just reads the situation every time, plus he has the horsepower at the end after 225K's.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Nah, Petacchi looks just as fast. Renshaw made the difference.

Yes, I thought Petacchi had the speed to beat everyone. It looked to me like there was a mess-up with the Lampre team near the end. Or maybe as someone else wrote he just didn't hold the wheel his team left him on.

Hawkwood said:

Cav is certainly explosive and Farrar just didn't seem able to get that quick burst. Once up to speed he gave nothing away. Most likely due to him lacking power in that injured arm.

I thought HTC rode that very smartly, they used the other teams to better themselves. Looked like Garmin and Lampre either messed up tactics or burned some matches too early. Why not just let HTC lead out the group and swamp them en masse like on stage 4? Right now they're all playing HTC's game. Nice to see the race for green get tighter.

TRENDING THREADS