• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 6: Montargis - Gueugnon, 225 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hawkwood said:
Yes did you see the rider in front of him `fade' which left a gap Renshaw then had to close?

Indeed. The Lampre guy couldn't hold the wheel of Dean/Hunter but Renshaw closed the gap straight away. That made the difference.

A

Anonymous

Hawkwood said:
Yes did you see the rider in front of him `fade' which left a gap Renshaw then had to close?

Renshaw is a freaking beast! He could easily have taken that sprint.

Garmin made the exact same mistake they made yesterday and ended up serving as the perfect lead out for Cavendish. This year Cavendish basically only has Renshaw leading him out. Instead of trying to set up their own lead out train in the final kilometer Garmin should hold off as long as possible and try to force Columbia to lead out the sprint. Hopefully this would force Renshaw to start his final lead out too soon and give one of the Garmin sprinters the opportunity to come around them.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
It looked like Garmin had the perfect leadout setup but they messed it up. What were they trying to do, how did they stuff it up?

The more I see the replay the more I see how great Renshaw was in setting Cavendish up. Great, great win. Eurosport: "If you take Renshaw out of the equation, it would be really hard for Cavendish to win..."

A

Anonymous

Hawkwood said:
Not sure I agree, when Cav opens up the rest of them are going backwards.

Nah, Petacchi looks just as fast. Renshaw made the difference.