• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de l'Avenir 2015, August 22 - August 29

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

TMP402 said:
If GB wasn't bringing Hart, I would have thought they'd take Carthy but no. A good decision for him though, since he put in an impressive perfomance in Colorado.

Benito was originally selected by Spain but he wasnt allowed by Caja s they are riding 3 races at the same time (Limousin, US Pro Challenge and Vuelta), so think same goes for Carthy. They could have taken Daniel Pearson though as a possible GC contender, dont know why they havent taken him unless he has an injury that im not aware of.

EDIT: Might be the same reason why they didnt pick Roson, but cant remember if he was in the first announced Spanish squad.

Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
TMP402 said:
If GB wasn't bringing Hart, I would have thought they'd take Carthy but no. A good decision for him though, since he put in an impressive perfomance in Colorado.
Is Carthy racing the Vuelta? They may feel that is more beneficial to his development.

Carthy is riding Colorado now.
I am surprised that they didn't pick Scott Davies for example.

EDIT

And I have just realised that they also didn't pick Dan Pearson. So actually top4 GC u23 riders from GB are outside the team, that's pretty strange.

Re:

Ruudz0r said:
My prologue favourites:

***** Wurtz
**** Kragh Andersen, Scotson
*** Moscon, Kamna, Peters, Bohli
** Gaviria, Schir, Haig, Oomen, Dieteren
* van der Poel, Consonni, van Hooydonck, Eiking

Am I missing anyone?

I would actually rate Kragh Andersen and Würtz equally considering it's only 3 k. Maybe also give Van der Poel two stars?

Om expecting a great ride from Gaviria as well, but two stars is probably fine for him.

CM8bDqFWcAABBLM.jpg

Start times for tomorrow's prologue.