• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Luxembourg June 2nd - 6th

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Didn't the Giro organisers neutralise one of the stage finishes last year, because someone complained it was a bit damp and therefore dangerous?:rolleyes:
Seems the crowd in Luxembourg were just as dangerous.
Can't neutralise the fans.
France awaits.;)

I read that it was a French fan, so that will make for an interesting tour

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
I read that it was a French fan, so that will make for an interesting tour

Yeah but it's hard for the French, they haven't won their own race since Bernie so they either become abusive or drink more wine and mellow a little, whereupon they start cheering loudly for the guy coming second and booing the winner.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
Yeah but it's hard for the French, they haven't won their own race since Bernie so they either become abusive or drink more wine and mellow a little, whereupon they start cheering loudly for the guy coming second and booing the winner.

Fun fact is, Armstrong didn´t win, they were cheering for the winner, but were booing the guy who gotten thrid:p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Video of yesterday's stage:

http://tele.rtl.lu/waatleeft/replay/v/20100606/0/11747/

Seems like first they wanted to count the time of the second lap, then decided to cut it short to three laps and count the time of the second lap.

Fränk Schleck: "Coup de chapeau to the organizers for cutting it short"

Furthermore: "I'll go slower in the Tour de Suisse, not that people'll think I've lost my form"

Anyways regardless of what happened on the last stage, big congrats and respect to Carrara and Vacansoleil, he won fair and square and was the strongest in the race!

TRENDING THREADS