• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2012: Stage 3; Martigny → Aarberg (195km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
To me, Peter Sagan is the most talented rider in the pro peloton. This guy can do just about anything. Should he become a climber, he could turn into a Bernard Hinault or even better...an Eddy Merckx!! Maybe I am overrating him, but he is the real deal, no doubt about it!

Ruudz0r said:
Problem would be that teams need to get a lot smaller aswell or there should be much more races on the calender (but as a lot of races can hardly handle their economics right now I dont see that happen). So if they would ever go with that rule a lot of riders would no longer be pro.

Smaller roster sizes = smaller budgets = more teams.

What happened to Burghardt in the sprint home. I am pretty sure it was him sitting on Cooke's wheel with about 400 to go, with just Sagan and Cooke to beat and he seemed to back off....maybe with the wet roads and corners he got a bit cautious....??

Sagan had to work really hard to get over Cooke, so hopefully Cookie or Davis can provide some further challenges to him,if they can stay with the main group to the finish.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Sagan had to work hard to get over Cooke, because Cooke led into the final straight with less than 200 to go. I don't know if Davis was supposed to be there, but stringing it out and leading into the final 400 or 500m given the type of finish seemed to be the plan. If Davis were there I suspect that now sprinting and give Sagan something else to come over the top of would have been more useful.