• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2024, June 9 - 16

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
"cause I didn't want to attack my teammate..." :joycat: :joycat: :joycat: :joycat: :joycat: :joycat: qaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
that a call for help?

Yes and no. It's 18k slightly uphill nothing crazy, but if their form is consistent, Almeida could possibly take back @2+ second per kilometer. Today's finish line interview, Yates said that Joao agreed to let him win the stage. So maybe it's already discussed that Yates has a better chance of holding off a 2 minutes back Bernal. Either way not easy for either guy.

Wait, what? You claim that the TT is "slightly uphill" as if the last climb today was an uphill drag or something and then you claim that "Yates has a better chance of holding on Bernal" as if Bernal would have any chance to stay close to Yates/Almeida on a "slightly uphill" TT, yet alone win more than a minute.

Tomorrow's TT will go to the best climber and Bernal isn't the best. I think it will be another 1-2 for UAE with A&A separated by 10-15 seconds max.

3J6qU8O.png
Almeida celebrated too soon

Jul 7, 2023
Visit site
Yes and no. It's 18k slightly uphill nothing crazy, but if their form is consistent, Almeida could possibly take back @2+ second per kilometer. Today's finish line interview, Yates said that Joao agreed to let him win the stage. So maybe it's already discussed that Yates has a better chance of holding off a 2 minutes back Bernal. Either way not easy for either guy.
It's 10km 8%, in fact, the TT is the same last 15km of stage 7 with the same exact climb and finish line. Both look like climbing a similar level but they haven't been able to attack each other and almeida has mostly been working for Adam. The climb is hard enough for big differences just depends who recovers better.

Is there anyone at UAE that doesn’t ask before they win?

"Ask Before You Win or How to Share the Pie 101" - UAE rider mandatory training as of 2024.

Supersedes previous training "Rock, Paper, Scissors and Other Even Less Reliable Ways to Gift A Stage".

Not exactly the same, but I think Pogačar also tried to set up Soler and Almeida for stage wins in Catalunya? And seemed really happy about Adam Yates' yellow jersey in the 2023 TdF.

Last edited:
"Ask Before You Win or How to Share the Pie 101" - UAE rider mandatory training as of 2024.

Supersedes previous training "Rock, Paper, Scissors and Other Even Less Reliable Ways to Gift A Stage".

Not exactly the same, but I think Pogačar also tried to set up Soler and Almeida for stage wins in Catalunya? And seemed really happy about Adam Yates' yellow jersey in the 2023 TdF.
Pog and Majka in tour of Slovenia gives me that vibe. Pog can afford it.

Reactions: sevenall
Did somebody noticed something in the face of Bernal when he came in at the finish line? He looked fresh, or relatively fresh. Watch it again. I went looking for his interview after the race and He said that He is only defending the podium and he was marking Skjelmose. So no more risks for him. He is done. Hopefully he will do a good time trial tomorrow and to an altitude camp.

Did somebody noticed something in the face of Bernal when he came in at the finish line? He looked fresh, or relatively fresh. Watch it again. I went looking for his interview after the race and He said that He is only defending the podium and he was marking Skjelmose. So no more risks for him. He is done. Hopefully he will do a good time trial tomorrow and to an altitude camp.
So thats why Ineos pulled all day.. just to defend against Skjelmose? Seems a bit weird, I'd have expected the plan was to try to win the stage, but I guess they did try that (kinda), but he just didnt have the legs when the real attacks started.

Reactions: Sandisfan