• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse: Stage 6, Meiringen - La Punt (213.3km)

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
stage6profile_600.jpg

Luis Leon Sanchez to test his legs on this stage and potentially take the stage win. Uran is the other one. Whoever can get over the top with a slight advantage will hold them off to the finish. A classic Sanchez stage. Uran will definitely launch an attack tonight too.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Might be a bit tough for Steve M. He could top 10, though there a quite a few good climbers at this race. LLS is my pick. Have a feeling LA may go well. I will laugh very hard if he wins this as the forum will go ballistic!:D

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
It's gonna be interesting what Saxo Bank does, Fränk Schleck could take enough from Martin and the other strong time trialists to win the whole Tour, on the other hand Cancellara could stay in contention for the overall victory.
I think we will see a lot of top riders testing their legs today: Radioshacks, Kreuziger, Gesink, Löfkvist...

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
blaxland said:
My picks for stage honours are;B.Mollema(Rabo)and S.Morabito(Bmc)both seem to be riding into some good form at the moment.

I don't think Mollema, seeing as Gesink set his sight on this stage win. Mollema is going for a top ten qualification in the overall

Not very. Fast and furious. Very similar stage to 2006. The final climb is almost like two, seperate climbs.
I remember "Chicken " blowing up so badly, he got passed by Simon Gerrans, who almost hung on to the top to take the stage........
2006 La Punt TDF Stage 6:
1 Koldo Gil Perez (Spa) Saunier Duval-Prodir 5.49.52 (36.391 km/h)
2 Jorg Jaksche (Ger) Würth 0.36
3 Jan Ullrich (Ger) T-Mobile Team 0.40
4 Jose Gomez Marchante (Spa) Saunier Duval-Prodir 1.39
5 Simon Gerrans (Aus) AG2R Prevoyance 1.47
6 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team CSC 2.09
7 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
8 Giampaolo Caruso (Ita) Würth
9 Angel Vicioso Arcos (Spa) Würth

Rogues gallery?

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Looking forward to the final climb. It will be interesting to see if Tony Martin can climb this year. He hasn't looked good so far this season, except for some heroics in California.

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
gotta be frank shleck for today because hes clearly in excellent form
can see Cancllara losing 4 minutes
will be interesting to see what martin does

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Frank Schleck does look on good form, I would expect him to go well today. Thomas Lofkvist is 3rd on GC, he might be in the mix too, but I suspect the climbs may be too long for him. I'm not really sure what kind of shape he is in either, but he did a good prologue and has finished in the front group every day since then so he must be going alright.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Well that's lame. I thought the Swiss were supposed to be a super organized people? And surely they must be used to dealing with snow on the high passes?

May 23, 2010
Visit site
ttrider said:
gotta be frank shleck for today because hes clearly in excellent form
can see Cancllara losing 4 minutes
will be interesting to see what martin does

I don't know why Cancellara doesn't just use high cadence.. bwahaaa

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Well that's lame. I thought the Swiss were supposed to be a super organized people? And surely they must be used to dealing with snow on the high passes?

Of course snow that would be falling while they are riding these passes, in order to avoid Pharmstrong whining around... (think Gavia 88) :cool:

No currently, it doesn't look that bad, ugly weather but not extremely bad, so they will do all three it seems.

Frank Schleck will try it again, Oli Zaugg as well, but might not be strong enough. LA or a radioshagger? Martin should not lose too much if he's in normal form and aiming to win the TdS, maybe even getting close again in the descent.

TRENDING THREADS