• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under - Stage 1: Mawson Lakes - Angaston, 138km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
insideout leadout said:
That is a great observation regarding the points, I didn't read what you wrote about this before.

The question is whether Cav is as informed as you are about all this? ;)

I'm sure he is. In fact, I think it's the only reason he's there in the first place.

"Lance can win stage 5"

"Cycling has a stigma, an (unfair) stigma"

"I was tested over 100 times, riders would fail drug tests - not very smart, low IQ for some of them".

Good to see Jonker confirm that anyone smart can avoid testing positive.

A

Anonymous

So hang on, im confused, its now tuesday afternoon in australia and the race has started?

edit: so it has. I get so confused by this time difference thing.

Its a sign of just how bad the tour of california is that LISTENING to the TdU coverage is more interesting than WATCHING the TOC Coverage

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
If you have an iPad or iPod radio app (TuneIn Radio is recommended), or just can get online and direct your browser, streaming commentary is available on 891 ABC Adelaide.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
For those not in Australia, ABC is the government run broadcaster of Australia (like the BBC in UK) and has local stations in each state's capital city.

891 Adelaide is my local daily radio station, and is usually quite respectable and interesting. Each year it seems to do a decent job with rolling coverage of the TDU. Give it a try.

I think the guys commenting are definitely not experts in cycling, but their hearts are in the right place. Their bread-and-butter is football and cricket. They seem to have been well-briefed when it comes to cycling.

If only for the stage progress and exclusive interviews (stuey o'grady is chatting as I type), 891 ABC Adelaide is worth a listen.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. Some of the commentators are quite terrible with team name pronunciation (weren't "Eskatel" and "Eskadee" a pair of characters in Alice In Wonderland? :eek:)

Even local German town names ( in the Barossa Valley) are getting absolutely slaughtered... *cringe*

TRENDING THREADS