• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Haut Var: 20-21th Feb

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Not care, he's on BMC so I will support BMC... T-L-R and Dim you are hypocrits. If their was a rider on another team you didn't originally follow or supported and then went onto sky you would be supporting them now at races they were at. Same with TLR...

As said before EbH, Geraint and Russ are three of my favourite riders, have always supported chris froome as well, so Im very happy they are at sky, and several of the other riders have shown to be damn fine and thoroughly nice people to.

I also like Jens Voigt, Vino and Big George.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
As said before EbH, Geraint and Russ are three of my favourite riders, have always supported chris froome as well, so Im very happy they are at sky, and several of the other riders have shown to be damn fine and thoroughly nice people to.

I also like Jens Voigt, Vino and Big George.

I was saying that when you follow a new team that your favourite rider is on you find you like other riders which are also on that team. That's why I found the criticism uncalled for from some posters.

I also like watching Andy Schleck, Philippe Gilbert and Kenny Van Hummell:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I personally see the winner amongst these riders...

Voeckler, Fedrigo, nocentini, valjavec, moreau, danielson, martin, moncoutie,moinard, Santambrogio (not just there cause there BMC).

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
I was saying that when you follow a new team that your favourite rider is on you find you like other riders which are also on that team. That's why I found the criticism uncalled for from some posters.

I also like watching Andy Schleck, Philippe Gilbert and Kenny Van Hummell:D

And also, its not a quick alliegance for most brits.. Cadel joined BMC just like that, weve been expecting and waiting for the road team for two years, some of us 20 years..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
And also, its not a quick alliegance for most brits.. Cadel joined BMC just like that, weve been expecting and waiting for the road team for two years, some of us 20 years..

Lets get back to racing... Who's going to win this race?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
You really think Kroon is able to win this? I'm going for Moncoutie.

The final climb of the stages are quite short but steep so i think it will be someone who can ride well in the ardenne classics who will win this race. Someone who can punch away on the climb and has a bit of sprint. but they must have the legs as the climbs leading up to it are draining.

dimspace said:
Chris Froome :)

He! How about Michael Barry? After all, he won one of the hardest stages of the crazy Grizzly Tour..

I'm hoping for Uran, but don't think he will win. Rolland, Pauriol, Di Gregorio, the "next big things" of french climbing all present, wonder who'll do best of them?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
T-L-R and Dim you are hypocrits. If their was a rider on another team you didn't originally follow or supported and then went onto sky you would be supporting them now at races they were at. Same with TLR...

WRONG !

I have always gone for rabobank. I like all the riders, and it's more the fact they are populated by the talented dutch riders that I follow them.

no one matches you in worship, and unlike yourself the other posters tend to post rationally and and no way near as biased as yourself.

Irregardless oh what team gesink was on, I'd always support rabo.
That's not saying I dnt want him to win races and what not, because I most certainly would.
It's like Vino, I love seeing him wan races etc, But I can't stand Astana.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I think it's high time Remy starts to live up to his potential.
I'd like to see him do well here.

Agreed. I always thought/hoped Remy could grow up to be a TDF podium contender.
I hope Voeckler wins it.

Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but does other than me think it's cool that Sky has the riders names on the side of their team jersey? Just noticed it on Possoni....

I know the commentators around the world must be thrilled (and maybe a lot of spectators as well)... As a TV viewer I feel happy too, because the motorcycle view often shows the riders from the side, not always from the back (= showing the rider number). I can't possibly know every riders looks, so this helps the average cycling follower to be informed better....

Kazistuta said:
Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but does other than me think it's cool that Sky has the riders names on the side of their team jersey? Just noticed it on Possoni....

I know the commentators around the world must be thrilled (and maybe a lot of spectators as well)... As a TV viewer I feel happy too, because the motorcycle view often shows the riders from the side, not always from the back (= showing the rider number). I can't possibly know every riders looks, so this helps the average cycling follower to be informed better....

I noticed that too, while watching and, like you, I really liked it. It's more easy to identify the riders. Maybe the other teams should follow Sky on this:D