• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Haut Var: 20-21th Feb

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

theyoungest said:
As a Team Sky fan, do you know who they were doing all the work for?

Both Barry and Possoni/swift had made earlier breakaway attempts, so my assumption is Cioni, with Froome & Calzati there to do the work, although Barry is team leader for the race.

A

Anonymous

janraaskalt said:
I don't think so. The "leadership" Barry was talking about in the CN article was more like "giving orders".

Dunno, havnt seen the CN article..

Personally i think they where working for Cioni.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hm, no further results yet for some reason ...

It was also a bit funny that some riders who were behind the peloton had a hard time crossing the finish line, since it was blocked by cars and riders already going back o_O

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
sky are pinning their hopes on calzati, him portal and froome are within 13 secs of lead.

Great effort by kennaugh, in break, when break was caught he spent time on the front and only lost 2:14 to winners. interesting also that sicard was in break, hope he can have a good breakthrough season.

it looks quite a bit tougher tomorrow?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
stefrees said:
it looks quite a bit tougher tomorrow?

yep. it's a steady 600m climb over 15kms from the Lac de St Cassien through Montaroux to Mons and then a very fast technical descent back down to Fayence, left along the road to Grasse along the lake shore and then a short steep finish back to the finish into Montaroux again. expect tommy voeckler to feature prominently on the last descent and drag to the finish. my dark horse for tomorrow's winner is dan martin.