• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Haut Var: 20-21th Feb

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dr. Maserati said:
Group of 6 away. Looks like Danielson?, Mouncoutie, Coppel, Sicard?

Yup, correct. And Remy Di Gregorio and Cyril Gautier. Very aggressive ride by Jerome Coppel, who did quite well yesterday, although he was caught by the peloton. He's a talented guy, hopefully he'll develop further this year.

Gap now 17 seconds by the way.

A

Anonymous

Good finish that.. Thought he had lost it, that last K seemed to go on forever..

Le Mevel, Fedrigo, De Waele.

Pretty impressive finish from Fedrigo, after spending 15-20 km in front solo. I suppose Le Mevel takes the overall in front of De Waele. What a tough and beautiful finishing climb by the way

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
So, I was the only one whose feed stuck just after the kite? Great!:mad:
Only caught the last 50 metres, having watched the previous 50km.

final 3k will be online in about five minutes.. ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
So, I was the only one whose feed stuck just after the kite? Great!:mad:
Only caught the last 50 metres, having watched the previous 50km.

That stinks. I watched the stage from the start, using the link you provided!

Great race and what a tough climb to end with. Given their facial expressions, they seemed to be digging deep. You'll enjoy Mevel's attack!

Not the first time my feed has blown on a major climb!:eek:

Well, that filled in the gap in my viewing. FDJ on a roll. Usually, Perrick manages to win by a nose, but not today.
The Sky lads are proving most useful in the video department.

A pity they don't race everywhere!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Nice work by le Mevel and Fedrigo. I know I hope every year that the French will be truly competitive but the last few seasons have made me quietly optimistic