• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Rwanda 2023, February 19-26

QvR_HQqv_400x400.jpg

1500x500

Just made this thread so we wouldn't just write in the Chris Froome thread, and because this year there is actual TV coverage.
A tough race that Chris Froome has come to win. Always exciting crowds.

Notable riders: Ethan Vernon, James Piccoli, Chris Froome

DBFNGYZ.png

1pej4E7.png

Also live broadcast here:

or

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV7UdEBxLN4

rjCTxaw.png

Full startlist:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lequack
I am struggling to see why QS dropped Vernon to the development team for this race - He's had 2 race days in the Mallorcan races for a first and second, so he's hardly out of form.

He'll get some more confidence from winning races, and the teammates will get experience through it as well.
Jakobsen is riding in Algarve and Merlier in the Middle East, so they had to find other races for him to do.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He'll get some more confidence from winning races, and the teammates will get experience through it as well.
Jakobsen is riding in Algarve and Merlier in the Middle East, so they had to find other races for him to do.

It's a joke, especially seeing his UCI points count in QS's total - I doubt Vernon needs confidence as he has already won in 2023 - As if Vernon could not have done KBK and La Samyn.

It's a joke, especially seeing his UCI points count in QS's total - I doubt Vernon needs confidence as he has already won in 2023 - As if Vernon could not have done opening weekend and La Samyn.

I doubt they care too much about UCI points, but victories have always been quite important to them.
They also can't bring all their riders next weekend, so some were always going to miss out.

I doubt they care too much about UCI points, but victories have always been quite important to them.
They also can't bring all their riders next weekend, so some were always going to miss out.

Of course they don't care about UCI points BUT it shows another flaw in the points system - The more important issue is that a WT rider should not be able to drop to down to the Development system for racing.

Of course they don't care about UCI points BUT it shows another flaw in the points system - The more important issue is that a WT rider should not be able to drop to down to the Development system for racing.

TBF, it's a race where it might as well have been the WT team racing - like IPT.
If they'd had him ride some random cat.2 race, then it would be a problem. However, I don't think that's allowed, just like devo-team riders aren't allowed to ride for the WT team for WT races.

TRENDING THREADS