• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Méditerranéen 2.1 (6th-10th February)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
BCrBO1fCUAAiVCL.png

It's not a hard climb tomorrow but it's long, could be gaps

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
I think they left out the final lap.

Okay, ta. That's quite a hard final few k's, uphill sprint. A few seconds gap isn't out of the question. What's Löfkvist's sprint like? ;)

He is a diesel so he can't sprint, but he can do good with attacks in the hard finishes. As he did a few years ago when he won that years Strade Bianche. So I think he needs to go some distance before the finish line.

This final looks real promising!

meandmygitane said:
He is a diesel so he can't sprint, but he can do good with attacks in the hard finishes. As he did a few years ago when he won that years Strade Bianche. So I think he needs to go some distance before the finish line.

This final looks real promising!
Yeah, I was sort of kidding, but Löfkvist is quite explosive, more explosive than Monfort at any rate. I think he's in with a big chance for the overall. First race for IAM, first win.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Rabobank should send TGBM to attack on the long climbs so the other teams have to work then when they catch him Boom goes in the final and gets a second on Monfort :)

theyoungest said:
Yeah, I was sort of kidding, but Löfkvist is quite explosive, more explosive than Monfort at any rate. I think he's in with a big chance for the overall. First race for IAM, first win.

Are you joking? Löfkvist is the biggest diesel you're ever likely to find. The only riders Löfkvsit can beat in a sprint are the Garmin guys and that's only because they don't have any bikes left.

ingsve said:
Are you joking? Löfkvist is the biggest diesel you're ever likely to find. The only riders Löfkvsit can beat in a sprint are the Garmin guys and that's only because they don't have any bikes left.
Monfort is a bigger diesel. Löfkvist won't sprint away from the pack, but he's better on hills than Monfort. Hence he has a chance on that finish.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Boom suprised us both.. He held pretty well. Could still win it tomorrow
Yeah, he did better than expected. The form for the Omloop is there.

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
On Robert Kišerlovski Official (facebook) translate from Croatian

Unfortunately, today the fourth-stage hill climb in the south of France with Toulon Rousset-ascent Mt.Faron I had to cancel because of the viruses associated with the stomach. Follows a brief recovery and training for Paris-Nice