• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Mediterranen

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Andy99 said:
What's the relevance?

a win is a win.

I'm not discrediting his win. Merely observing that the field here can't be too great if we take a look at the last 2 winners.

And I know youngest wouldn't react to me like that if Kreder wasn't Dutch, so he must be Dutch :D

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I'm not discrediting his win. Merely observing that the field here can't be too great if we take a look at the last 2 winners.

And I know youngest wouldn't react to me like that if Kreder wasn't Dutch, so he must be Dutch :D

Thats exactly what you are doing in your second sentence. :p

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Andy99 said:
Thats exactly what you are doing in your second sentence. :p

Of course not, less talented cyclists deserve their win once in a while too in the smaller races. The truth may be harsh to some, but it's still the truth.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
As if you didn't know that? The sole reason you react with something about small winners is because a Dutchman wins.

If any Dutch rider does anything, anywhere, you are there to run them down. Just stop it man. You're obsessed

Nope, I didn't know he was Dutch :p

Didn't the first stage got won by a Brit? Kinda brings your theory down, or is it only about the Dutch? :)

I fail to see how me stating this race has a crappy field is insulting. It is what it is. Tour of Med can't compete with the races in Middle-East. This race used to have a better field.

Nothing wrong with Tiernan Locke winning. A late bloomer who last year impressed in the Tour of Britain and the Vuelta a Leon.
The quality of the field is just the same as every (lets say last 5) year.

You only said something the momeny Kreder wins. Obviously because he is Dutch. You can try to talk around it (or as we say in dutch 'erom heen lullen') all you want, but I see right through you El Pisti. I don't take that crap.

You only made that comment because you genuinely dislike Dutch people or maybe Dutch cyclists for some reason. Or you genuinely like to troll Dutch people by making comments like that. And that's what you do 99% of the time a Dutch rider does anything. So talk all you want, but that's how I and many others see it.

El Pistolero said:

I think Kreder is great talent and in not dutch but i reallt don't think its a particuarly great field.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Nothing wrong with Tiernan Locke winning. A late bloomer who last year impressed in the Tour of Britain and the Vuelta a Leon.
The quality of the field is just the same as every (lets say last 5) year.

You only said something the momeny Kreder wins. Obviously because he is Dutch. You can try to talk around it (or as we say in dutch 'erom heen lullen') all you want, but I see right through you El Pisti. I don't take that crap.

You only made that comment because you genuinely dislike Dutch people or maybe Dutch cyclists for some reason. Or you genuinely like to troll Dutch people by making comments like that. And that's what you do 99% of the time a Dutch rider does anything. So talk all you want, but that's how I and many others see it.

I never even heard of Kreder before, so no I didn't know he was Dutch lol. You guys just can't take it when someone says something negative about Dutch cyclists hence I figured out he was Dutch the moment you reacted to me.

I'm not lulling erom heen. This race has produced 2 relatively unknown cyclists as winners and clearly has a crappy field last few years. This race used to have a better field back in the day. That's all I'm saying, I never even singled Kreder out. That's just you guys playing the victim role again. Get over it, seriously.

This race will be dead sooner rather than later by the looks of it.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Andy99 said:
I always thought they were the same person.

I'm not a fan of Columbian cyclists, Columbian races or mountains mountains mountains. I like to believe there are other, better, things in cycling besides just mountains. I guess I hate Columbia now if we follow Dekker's logic :eek:

El Pistolero said:
I never even heard of Kreder before, so no I didn't know he was Dutch lol. You guys just can't take it when someone says something negative about Dutch cyclists hence I figured out he was Dutch the moment you reacted to me.

I'm not lulling erom heen. This race has produced 2 relatively unknown cyclists as winners and clearly has a crappy field last few years. This race used to have a better field back in the day. That's all I'm saying, I never even singled Kreder out. That's just you guys playing the victim role again. Get over it, seriously.

This race will be dead sooner rather than later by the looks of it.
Bladiebla lot's of nonsense, again, look, I don't care how you get your joy out of life. You do this because you dislike either Dutch ppl in general or Dutch cylists. It's fine with me. But at least be fair about it. :)

PS. You are pretty bad at acting. A cycling follower like you should always know riders like Kreder and Tiernan-Locke. Because you follow everything. Kreder was even 7th in a WT race (Catalunya) in his debut year for crying out loud :D. +The Kreder family is pretty well known in the benelux. They ride 6-days as well. Stop the act. It's too obvious and you aren't a good actor.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Bladiebla lot's of nonsense, again, look, I don't care how you get your joy out of life. You do this because you dislike either Dutch ppl in general or Dutch cylists. It's fine with me. But at least be fair about it. :)

PS. You are pretty bad at acting. A cycling follower like you should always know riders like Kreder and Tiernan-Locke. Because you follow everything. Kreder was even 7th in a WT race (Catalunya) in his debut year for crying out loud :D Stop the act. It's too obvious and you aren't a good actor[/QUOTE]

I never watched Catalunya in my life. The only thing I watched from that race is a 10 min highlight of Conti's stage win. Is that race even live on TV? I'm not a big fan of live streams, so I just watch races on Sporza and Eurosport. I really did not know him lol. I also don't watch Tour of Britain so I did not know who Tiernan-Locke is. I don't even know who got 7th in the Tour this year, never mind in Catalunya :rolleyes: Come'on, don't be ridiculous. Kreder's name sounded more like Scandinavian to me ;)

Thank God this is a cycling only forum then, cause Pisti would really be depressed if diminishing any Dutch achievement in sport generally vis-a-vis Belgium is his obsession. :D :p

Anyway, good on both the Kreder boys. I remember a couple years back Michel was duking it out with Valverde and J-Rod in the 2010 (?) edition of GP Miguel Indurain. He subsequently had a great Volta a Catalunya which made quite an impression on me. He also has a decent sprint on him as youngest already pointed out. At the time I thought he would be big by this time around. Things haven't really taken off for him. Do any of the Dutchies on here know who the biggest talent is out of the two Garmin Kreders?

Sorry Pisti. Not buying it. You should really change your avatar to this one:

troll-troll-full.jpg

Or as an alternative

troll-trollol.jpg

And then with some Belgian flag added to it or something :D

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah, M.Kreder was pretty invisible last year but it's hard not to remember him in Catalunya 2010 where he looked good also in sprints (among not quite sprinters though)

Thank God this is a cycling only forum then, cause Pisti would really be depressed if diminishing any Dutch achievement in sport generally vis-a-vis Belgium is his obsession. :D :p

Anyway, good on both the Kreder boys. I remember a couple years back Michel was duking it out with Valverde and J-Rod in the 2010 (?) edition of GP Miguel Indurain. He subsequently had a great Volta a Catalunya which made quite an impression on me. He also has a decent sprint on him as youngest already pointed out. At the time I thought he would be big by this time around. Things haven't really taken off for him. Do any of the Dutchies on here know who the biggest talent is out of the two Garmin Kreders?

Spine Concept said:

Raymond is more of a sprinter than Michel. So they're really different type of riders.
Like you said Michel shown quality in hilly races, also as U23 rider btw. But so far it's a bit hit and miss at the pro's. I hope he can show some good performances in some hilly races this year like Brabantse Pijl and such.