• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of California, Stage 7: Claremont - Mt. Baldy, 121.9 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ramira said:
Yup seems Andy is going to get dropped, guess he lack of serious preparation is catching up with him. Wondering if Leipheimer will drop back to him once Busche is gone though.

Hmm or not he's trying to fight back.

It's May. Schleck is a horrible climber in May. He is still hurting in June at the Tour de Suisse. ;)

GoAndyGo said:
It's May. Schleck is a horrible climber in May. He is still hurting in June at the Tour de Suisse. ;)

I'm well aware of that :) I'm a schleck fan myself and I'm shocked he's even this close. That being said I don't think todays stage suits him anyway, he's got a damn good stamina (remember how he won LBL) and today is an incredibly short explosive stage.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Ramira said:
I love how the commentators are saying Busche should go to the tour based on this. Because obviously it's about the same level (that being said with the current state of RS it might not be that absurd).

To be fair, he put a great effort in. I was impressed and never heard of him before today.

Mambo95 said:
To be fair, he put a great effort in. I was impressed and never heard of him before today.

He did, it was incredibly impressive but he doesn't have nearly the experience to survive a TDF, however if he can keep this rate of progression he should get a shot at a GT next year for sure.