• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of California Stage 7: Los Angeles TT (33.6 km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hope this doesn't end too late. I don't want to miss the finish :)

Zabriskie is climbing with Leipheimer. In theory that means he has fantastic form.

Can he actually win this? I'd like that, actually.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Tony Martin will get the worst time after his work yesterday...

Why is Andy drafting that Cervelo rider, doesn't that get you DQ'd? Looking for an easy way out of this tour? lol

Dekker_Tifosi said:
The regular. Has Boom ever been consistent in a race which is not some sort of goal?

He was pretty consistent in 2008. Dutch Road and TT champ, and he owned a couple of U23 races (the latter arent particularly great accomplishments I know). His problem last year was just that Rabo used him really sparingly, hard to really be consistent if you're in less than 10 races over the whole season. I'm glad he's being used more frequently this year, but yeah, consistently has been a problem so far (although I wouldn't expect too much from anyone in their first classics campaign)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
He was pretty consistent in 2008. Dutch Road and TT champ, and he owned a couple of U23 races (the latter arent particularly great accomplishments I know). His problem last year was just that Rabo used him really sparingly, hard to really be consistent if you're in less than 10 races over the whole season. I'm glad he's being used more frequently this year, but yeah, consistently has been a problem so far (although I wouldn't expect too much from anyone in their first classics campaign)

Well, he had to be used sparingly. He had worked hard for his cyclo-cross goals, he needed rest. And he got rest, before a slow buildup for the Vuelta.

You can't rush a guy who's so young and inexperienced. You have to be patient or you risk ruining his potential. Give him time to adapt to the different demands (stamina!) of road racing

EDIT: WTF? Martin starts and 3 minutes later catches Rabou. What a difference in speed :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Tyke1968 said:
So why isn't fabian winning this ITT by miles?
Can he be that off form building for TDF.

It's May. It's his first race after his post-classics break.

It's normal to be this far off :)

Especially when you don't have any motivation to do well at this particular race.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I havent seen the profile for the final stage, but wold be cool if it had some good climbs, maybe a climb at the finish, and will bonus seconds be awarded to the winner of the final stage?? would be cool if it came down to the final stage..

issoisso said:
Well, he had to be used sparingly. He had worked hard for his cyclo-cross goals, he needed rest. And he got rest, before a slow buildup for the Vuelta.

You can't rush a guy who's so young and inexperienced. You have to be patient or you risk ruining his potential. Give him time to adapt to the different demands (stamina!) of road racing

EDIT:WTF? Martin starts and 3 minutes later catches Rabou. What a difference in speed :D

Hmmm... Yes, I forgot he tried very hard to win the 09 Cyclo-cross worlds.... Let's just say it was very forgettable on his part. :rolleyes:

But still, he could've ridden more than 10 races, even if one of those was the Vuelta (where he was strong). He's young, but he ain't a kid. He was 23 last year and has been racing pretty much year round (road and cyclo-cross) since he was 19. He's a durable man, that Lars.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
For about two years now I've been getting the feeling Levi is in a slow decline (only natural, given his age).

McCartney, on the other hand, just seems suddenly finished.

TRENDING THREADS