• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of California Stage 7: Los Angeles TT (33.6 km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Moondance said:
Well, i think they're haing some computer issues, since there have been some f-ups with the electronic timing.
im confused.. no timings, no splits, and people overtaking people that they arent really overtaking..

this whole thing is chaos.. one of the funniest tours in years.. its the one that all future idiotic races are going to be compared against

Moondance said:
Well, i think they're haing some computer issues, since there have been some f-ups with the electronic timing.

That may be part of it, but that's not what I can put my finger on. The wall of cones, giant streets with tiny cyclists, terrible presentation, poor organisation with the two laps and traffic being met... it just doesn't feel like it's important. The ITT at the Volta a Portugal was not particularly high-profile but the way they set it up made it look like a seriously big deal. This quite simply doesn't look important. It looks awkward. The Eurosport commentators openly saying they're bored certainly isn't helping, even if they're only saying they're bored of repeated shots of the Staples Center.

Cervelo77 said:
Yeah, this two laps business is a bit dubious. I mean, LA is a big place, surely they could have laid out a single 33 km circuit.

Hell, look at how wide it is, they could have put in another line of cones and then had them spiralling inward or outward, or do the loop in one direction then hairpin back and do it again in the opposite direction. There are myriad ways to avoid this confusion.

Team Type 1's Javier Megias Leal, the first rider to start today: "The course is totally flat and really windy. You need a lot of power on it. This is a typical ProTour time trial minus all the ProTour riders. This time trial is so flat and fast that it won't make a big gap among the leaders."

Are there time bonuses for the last stage crit race? If so, the final stage could be interesting.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I have literally never in my life seen this much drafting in a professional time trial. What the **** are the race referees doing?