• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of California Stage 7: Los Angeles TT (33.6 km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
kjetilraknerud said:
He should be the USA TT champion then. And be a multiple world champion ;)

Since when does that mean anything when comparing two riders' abilities when they don't go head to head in those races? :confused:

Leipheimer aims for GTs. Rogers for the worlds, Zabriskie for the nationals. Different races. Whenever they meet in TTs, Leipheimer tends to win.
As for Rogers....the EPO days were different. Not to mention Rogers took advantage of lean years in the Worlds TT. Check his other TTs in those years. He sucked. He got beaten by a ton of people.....who didn't do the Worlds TT in those days.

For reference, this year they met only in Catalunya. Leipheimer won.
Last year, Zabriskie beat Leipheimer once in 7 time trials.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
The Sheep said:
Sagan finished yet?

Not yet. His time should suck, anyway. He's awful at TTs. He was passed by Zabriskie around the halfway mark (I wrote Leipheimer, but I meant Zabriskie)

EDIT: And as I write this, the commentators take back the time when they said that.

I wish I could punch them. hard. I really do.

Moondance said:
WHY are they showing aerial shots... Now?!?

Kirby reckons that the host broadcasters were on a break, so they were losing all their relevant coverage.

He's also becoming apoplectic at the lack of respect being shown to Peter Sagan, who has been totally ignored by the cameras all of the way round and not even given a split time.

So, DZ is ahead of The Dullest Rider In The World®

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Whenever they meet in TTs, Leipheimer tends to win.

I'd say all three of them are about the same level.

2009 Tour of Missouri:
Zabriskie 1st
Leipheimer 5th
Rogers 15th

For example. Leipheimer wins some, Zabriskie wins some. Rogers hasn't been in good form the last few seasons because of injuries.

And today, Rogers was the best of them...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Tony 'the Beast' Martin wins the time trial

And that means I win money \o/

Off now. See you guys at Zoncolan time. Can't wait.

kjetilraknerud said:
I'd say all three of them are about the same level.

2009 Tour of Missouri:
Zabriskie 1st
Leipheimer 5th
Rogers 15th

For example. Leipheimer wins some, Zabriskie wins some. Rogers hasn't been in good form the last few seasons because of injuries.

And today, Rogers was the best of them...

So, of the truckload of TTs in the past few years they competed with each other, you chose the only one where Leipheimer didn't beat Zabriskie.

Selective fact checking FTW :p