• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Croatia 2017

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
SafeBet said:
Lol @ the finale and the camera work :D

Nibbles looked good to me, much better than last year at this point. I'm expecting fireworks on Etna.

He won't win against Quintana though.

He wasn't supposed to win every time he won a GT and that's four now. If he is at his best, avoid the bad day and didn't loose his bravery on descents after Rio I give him a fair chance to win.

Rollthedice said:
El Pistolero said:
SafeBet said:

Nibbles looked good to me, much better than last year at this point. I'm expecting fireworks on Etna.

He wasn't supposed to win every time he won a GT and that's four now. If he is at his best, avoid the bad day and didn't loose his bravery on descents after Rio I give him a fair chance to win.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

movingtarget said:
El Pistolero said:
SafeBet said:

I don't think it will even be close.
I hope, but me neither. Nibali has seemed in gradual decline from 2013-2014 (maybe thats wrong) and he won his Giro last year with luck, panache and a monster peak for the two last days.

He is a great rider, he will turn up and aim for the win believing he can win and take his chances as he always does. But I must admit I have gotten disappointed over him the last many years, its so boring to peak for 2 specific goals each year and then be useless for the rest of the races on the calendar. Thats not the Nibali I know..

Valv.Piti said:
movingtarget said:
El Pistolero said:
SafeBet said:

I don't think it will even be close.
I hope, but me neither. Nibali has seemed in gradual decline from 2013-2014 (maybe thats wrong) and he won his Giro last year with luck, panache and a monster peak for the two last days.

He is a great rider, he will turn up and aim for the win believing he can win and take his chances as he always does. But I must admit I have gotten disappointed over him the last many years, its so boring to peak for 2 specific goals each year and then be useless for the rest of the races on the calendar. Thats not the Nibali I know..

I wasn't convinced by his Giro ride. He struggled against opposition for the majority of the race that Froome would have dominated. It's a shame that SK crashed because if he hadn't, Nibali's form would have been much easier to gauge. I like to see riders battle it out on the road not get results through misfortune and up until his crash SK was the best climber in the race. Nibali looked great in the Olympics but had his own misfortune. But crashing is part of the sport as Contador knows all too well with his troubles in the Tour. SK had some magic form last year and the opportunity was there, that form may not return, who knows. To be honest I thought the race was all over as SK never looked in trouble even though he was under pressure when he fell he had a long descent to close the gap. But we will never know if SK was on a bad day and Nibali would have ridden away from him on the final climb or not and without injuries SK had plenty of time up his sleeve. He still could have let Nibali ride away and have time in hand. The fact that SK was so disappointed after the stage makes me think that he really had the race under control.

TRENDING THREADS