• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Croatia 2017

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
movingtarget said:
El Pistolero said:
SafeBet said:
Lol @ the finale and the camera work :D

Nibbles looked good to me, much better than last year at this point. I'm expecting fireworks on Etna.

He won't win against Quintana though.

I don't think it will even be close.
I hope, but me neither. Nibali has seemed in gradual decline from 2013-2014 (maybe thats wrong) and he won his Giro last year with luck, panache and a monster peak for the two last days.

He is a great rider, he will turn up and aim for the win believing he can win and take his chances as he always does. But I must admit I have gotten disappointed over him the last many years, its so boring to peak for 2 specific goals each year and then be useless for the rest of the races on the calendar. Thats not the Nibali I know..

Yeah I agree. I don't think he was that good in the last two days of the Giro, just better than previously and Chaves faded really badly (which suggests that perhaps the Giro quality level wasn't far below Vuelta level). At the Olympics he was decent but not 2014 level. Oman last year was better than how he was for 2/3 of last year's Giro, and Giro del Lombardia 2015 he was in good shape too. Time trialled very well there. But he has been lacking in explosiveness since 2014. I think he should change approach and become a Basso like diesel.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
What happened to Durasek today??

He was involved in the crash 45km from the finish (Pakostane). Medical reports after the finish line suggested that everything is ok with him but is still questionable if he is starting tomorrow

cesko_jr said:
Cance > TheRest said:

He was involved in the crash 45km from the finish (Pakostane). Medical reports after the finish line suggested that everything is ok with him but is still questionable if he is starting tomorrow

'Master of Voodoo' Nibali in action.

Next one will be Roson, puncture right before the start of the climb to Ucka.

Ricco' said:
cesko_jr said:
Cance > TheRest said:

'Master of Voodoo' Nibali in action.

Next one will be Roson, puncture right before the start of the climb to Ucka.

Warming up for Giro.

Re:

Brullnux said:
Ruffoni takes win number two, Nibali takes the leade from Roson who was behind the split. Not sure if he was dropped or whether there was a bike length gap between two riders at the finish line. I assume the latter looking at the profile

It was the latter - Strange seeing there were much bigger gaps in yesterday's stage but all clear - Though there was a crash with 1km to go in yesterday's stage.

Suppose it's different when it doesn't happen at a race, somehow still not so close. Though I would have understood if the Astana guys had decided to call it quits.
Loved the moment of silence before the start though. And by "loved" I mean; loved the gesture, hate the reason. :(

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Good win for Roson and good showings for Hirt and Grosschartner (probably the most underrated young Austrian rider). It's also nice to see 2 neopros like Schlegel and Ravasi in the top 10.