• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Croatia 2017

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Dr. Watson said:
yay Nibali won, he said he will give the prize money to family of Michele, very nice gesture from him
Lovely gesture, I'm sure it gave him an extra reason to get those extra seconds... I was really hoping to see the podium but they cut out before it happened -- must've been very emotional.

Never say never, before today's stage. For Michele.

bahrain-tour-bus.jpg

Re: Re:

thirteen said:
Dr. Watson said:
yay Nibali won, he said he will give the prize money to family of Michele, very nice gesture from him
Lovely gesture, I'm sure it gave him an extra reason to get those extra seconds... I was really hoping to see the podium but they cut out before it happened -- must've been very emotional.

Yeah not even the Croatian station stayed for it, they went to gymnastics. Maybe it will be up on youtube later. I'll cry but it will be worth it.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Brullnux said:
Valv.Piti said:
Good on Jaime! Time to move on now, eh?
No! Let him stay! I need him in my CQ team and in Caja Rural he is undisputed leader :D
Do we think he can do something great in La Vuelta, like a top-10? Im still a bit new to him, but after just watching the stage to UCKA now, I must admit he looks more interesting that I'd thought!
Last year was very respectable, he took a win in Turkey and was good throughout, even though he was 4th choice or so. This year he's really taken a step up, with good performances in Pais Vasco (which doesn't really suit him) and a few other races. Top 10 is a bit far. Top 20 is doable if he isn't too tired going into it and in good shape.

Re:

yaco said:
Roson lost the race with a split in the peleton in stage 5 and missing the intermediate sprint in stage 7 - Threw it away.

Not quite. He took his advantage by outsprinting Nibali to the line in the two MTFs and lost time in the split, on the intermediate last stage sprint (his colleague Dylan Page took only third) and lost another 7 sec on the demanding finale where Nibali finished fourth. Roson did his best to his and his team's abilities.

TRENDING THREADS