• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Oman (2.HC) 17th Feb - 22nd Feb

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Valverde for the win will be a safe prediction.

I hope Purito will be better in Oman then he was in Dubai. Based on his perfomance there, he should finish around 5th place in Oman.

ok, stage 1 tomorrow:
thumb_uc_205616_506_Hoehenprofil_Tour_of_Oman_2015_-_Etappe_1.jpg

Starts 8:30 (CET) and ends around 12:30.

Come on, Nacer!

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Tour of Oman @tourofoman ? 10h 10 hours ago
To answer many of your questions: no live TV coverage of the #TourofOman but a daily 26 min highlights video will be broadcasted worldwide.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Lance Armstrong said:
Not really, they ride it every year. It is open 30m wide road. If there is a headwind no one will be able to attack.

be careful with the detailled strava profiles, from own experience i know that
they have a tendency to overstate smallish climbs in terms of gradient

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
How big is the chance that Kristoff is gonna take the stage? 50%?

It is really only Bouhanni who can beat him, but Kristoff seems to be a much better shape. I don't think Sagan can beat him in a flat sprint.

Coat-O said:
How big is the chance that Kristoff is gonna take the stage? 50%?

It is really only Bouhanni who can beat him, but Kristoff seems to be a much better shape. I don't think Sagan can beat him in a flat sprint.

I heard the finish is slightly uphill, so it may be a bit more interesting.