• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Pologne 2015(2.UWT) 2-8.08

Stage 1: Warszawa › Warszawa (122km)
W52tdXc.jpg

nZPETwH.jpg

Stage 2: Czestochowa › Dabrowa Górnicza (146km)
T2lPxh4.jpg

juJlbcK.jpg

Stage 3: Zawiercie › Katowice (166km)
PdTQfaB.jpg

577iO4a.jpg

Stage 4: Jaworzno › Nowy Sacz (220km)
7YZ7oab.jpg

6MI9Fez.jpg

Stage 5: Nowy Sacz › Zakopane (223km)
422ytMf.jpg

5irWDRc.jpg

Stage 6: Bukovina Terma Hotel Spa › Bukowina Tatrzańska (174Km)
Nv7sCtS.jpg

ekyA28R.jpg

imBctcD.jpg

Stage 7: Krakow › Krakow (ITT) (25km)
IHxfTtt.jpg

JkFg5NE.jpg

Startlist:http://tourdepologne.pl/lista-startowa

Kwiatkowski,Aru,Henao,Niemiec,Atapuma,Zakarin,Gesink,Betancur,Paterski are at the start of this.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Route really suits kwiatowski, think he will win. Interesting to see how good zakarin is in this second part of the season, if on shape could take it although i dont think he will be in peak condition.

This route has Lawson Craddock written all over it. And Ryo's not here to make fun of me and eloquently explain how Henao will crush the field.

Thanks for opening the thread for this very nice race. The last three days will do for great racing, like that there's no big MTF, smaller gaps coming to the final TT. Maybe one flat finale too much.

Re:

BigMac said:
This route has Lawson Craddock written all over it. And Ryo's not here to make fun of me and eloquently explain how Henao will crush the field.

Thanks for opening the thread for this very nice race. The last three days will do for great racing, like that there's no big MTF, smaller gaps coming to the final TT. Maybe one flat finale too much.

But you know that Henao will destroy everybody here :p

Perfect for Kwiat, but doubt he'll be in good form given how bad his shape appeared to be in TdF a couple of weeks ago.

Therefore, I'll go for Henao, given that he's not only the punchiest of the riders on the start line, but also not too bad relatively at TTs.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Who Gesink? He is definately starting.

Shh,the Polish guys don't know this.Keep it secret,they'll be in for a surprise :D
I saw Gesink on PCS,but the Polish don't have him on the official site.They still have Kruijswijk listed.
I think they saw your post.Now Gesink is on the start list :)

I like the look of those climbing stages - they are like those really hard stages they sometimes include in Pais Vasco - like a mini LBL without the flat sections. Based on that, I think one of Intxausti or Izagirre will go really well. Looks a perfect route for Kwiatkowski on paper, but his form has been so poor this summer, that I can't see him winning.

Here's the start list according to
http://tourdepologne.pl/ogloszenie-skladow-ekip-72-tdp-na-pge-narodowym/

It seems pretty up to date as Gesink on the list. Astana and Movistar look very strong. Also, Zakarin could be one to look out for on this course.

For tomorrow, Modolo ahead of Nizzolo.

p.s. to Lemon Cheese Cake. I like your course a lot, particularly the first stage along the Baltic coast. I like the Bukowina circuit, but I agree it would be good to go back to Sudeten mountains again.

TINKOFF-SAXO: Maciej Bodnar, Paweł Poljański, Jesper Hansen, Robert Kiserlovski, Chris Anker Sorensen, Evgeny Petrov, Ivan Rovny, Edward Beltran.

ETIXX – QUICK STEP: Michał Kwiatkowski, Michał Gołaś, Maxime Bouet, Gianluca Brambilla, David De La Cruz, Gianni Meersman, Petr Vakoc, Carlos Verona Quintanilla

ASTANA PRO TEAM: Fabio Aru, Borut Bozic, Dario Cataldo, Andrea Guardini, Alexey Lutsenko, Diego Rosa, Paolo Tiralongo, Andrey Zeits

TEAM SKY: Ian Boswell, Philip Deignan, Sergio Luis Henao Montoya, Vasil Kiryienka, David Garcia Lopez, Mikel Nieve Iturralde, Salvatore Puccio, Xabier Zandio.

LAMPRE MERIDA: Przemysław Niemiec, Niccolo Bonifazio, Mattia Cattaneo, Roberto Ferrari, Sacha Modolo, Manuele Mori, Diego Ulissi, Valerio Conti

BMC RACING TEAM: Darwin Atapuma, Marcus Burghardt, Alessandro de Marchi, Silvan Dillier, Ben Hermans, Amael Moinard, Dylan Theuns, Peter Velits

MOVISTAR: Andrey Amador, Igor Anton, Eros Capecchi, Jon Izaguirre, Juan Jose Lobato, Jasha Sutterlin, Francisco Jose Ventoso, Benat Intxausti

ORICA GREENEDGE: Caleb Ewan, Mitch Docker, Brett Lancaster, Christian Meier, Damien Howson, Simon Clarke, Mathew Hayman, Ivan Santaromita

TEAM GIANT – ALPECIN: Marcel Kittel, Lawson Craddock, Tom Stamsnijder, Bert de Backer, Johannes Frohlinger, Nikias Arndt, Caleb Fairly, Luka Mezgec

TREK FACTORY RACING: Eugenio Alafaci, Fumiyuki Beppu, Marco Coledan, Giacomo Nizzolo, Yaroslav Popovych, Jesse Sergent, Kristof Vandewalle, Riccardo Zoidl

KATUSHA: Maxim Belkov, Sven Erik Bystrom, Sergey Chernetskiy, Sergey Lagutin, Gatis Smukulis, Eduard Vorganov, Anton Vorobyev, Ilnur Zakarin

TEAM LOTTO NL JUMBO: Robert Gesink, Tom van Asbroeck, George Bennett, Rick Flens, Martijn Keizer, Bert-Jan Lindeman, Bram Tankink, Dennis van Winden

LOTTO SOUDAL: Sander Armee, Kris Boeckmans, Vegard Breen, Jasper de Buyst, Bart de Clercq, Maxime Monfort, Jurgen van den Broeck, Louis Vervaeke

CANNONDALE GARMIN: Moreno Moser, Alberto Bettiol, Davide Formolo, Lasse Norman Hansen, Alan Marangoni, Matej Mohric, Kristoffer Skjerping, Davide Villella

AG2R LA MONDIALE: Gediminas Bagdonas, Carlos Betancur, Guillaume Bonnafond, Patrick Gretsch, Rinaldo Nocentini, Sebastien Minard, Christophe Riblon, Sebastien Turgot

IAM CYCLING: Marcel Aregger, Clement Chevrier, Stefan Denifl, Jonathan Fumeaux, Roger Kluge, Matteo Pelucchi, Sebastien Reichenbach, Lawrence Warbasse

FDJ: Steve Morabito, Kenny Elissonde, Murillo Fischer, Matthieu Ladagnous, Olivier le Gac, Lorenzo Manzin, Laurent Pichon, Kevin Reza

CCC SPRANDI POLKOWICE: Maciej Paterski, Grega Bole, Branislau Samoilau, Jan Hirt, Nikolay Mihaylov, Davide Rebellin, Marek Rutkiewicz, Bartłomiej Matysiak

REPREZENTACJA POLSKI: Dariusz Batek, Paweł Bernas, Marcin Białobłocki, Paweł Franczak, Kamil Gradek, Błażej Janiaczyk, Tomasz Marczyński, Kamil Zieliński.

TRENDING THREADS