• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2021 (April 19th-23rd)

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What are you keeping your eye on during the Tour of the Alps?

• who's going to win

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • a youngster or outsider the thread-starter didn't even know existed

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • the scenery

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • who's in form for the Giro

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • whether Anton Palzer is the new LeMond

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • whether Bernal's back is good

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • whether Pinot's back is good

• whether Hindley will have to wait for Bardet when he's in for a podium

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • whether Hindley will have to put on a rain jacket

• your girl/boyfriend/Netflix

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clipboard.jpg

Froome should supposedly have one job in this race: work for Dan Martin.

He's not exactly doing very well in that regard. I get the impression some "fans" ask for special dispensation from critique with regards to his performances, i.e. because he was injured or whatnot.

All I see is a very sad sight to be honest, i.e. a GT multi-winner rolling around like a continental pro rider. The poster above is right about one thing: he's a multi-millionaire. So why publicly aim so high (Tour de France 2021, which is his de-facto stated ambition) when he's totally incapable of delivering anywhere near that promise? He could have just sailed into the sunset (or taken a lesser contract with lesser goals just for the joy of racing) but nope, it's apparently all about getting in shape for a fifth Tour.

Is it funny or sad? Champions should know when enough is enough.

I see Ineos is back to choo choo climbing even when it makes zero sense whatsoever. They had 4 riders up in GC and they destroyed themselves.
odd tactics indeed, especially as Sivakov's shape was unsure after the crash yesterday, and tomorrow's stage would have offered a great chance to attack Greenedge from far out with Martinez and/or Sosa. Now they are too far back anyway, and all left on stake for them is a potential stage win

Reactions: SafeBet
I see Ineos is back to choo choo climbing even when it makes zero sense whatsoever. They had 4 riders up in GC and they destroyed themselves.

From my point of view Ineos actually did a very old fashioned trick: set a tempo which they hoped was fast enough to prevent attacks & slow enough to preserve Sivakov.

It's not unusual for a team to control a group for their leader on a climb when he's nowhere near the best or good enough to respond to attacks. They like to send rivals to sleep. Hugh Carthy blew that away though so we got a good race.

TRENDING THREADS