• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2014 > 2015

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
That's a good transfer for Boom and Astana. Staying with teams like belkin and lotto feels like you're going backwards.

And astana also got LLS? Wow good transfer, this dude gives you guaranteed wins.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Boom and Nibbles will go 1-2 in Roubaix next year. Just wait :D

I'm happy for Rosa, although he won't get many chances to ride for himself with Astana.

Rosa has done what is best for him; now he can also ride other WT-races next to the Giro, to learn at the highest level. I think he might develop like Vuillermoz did this year, also an ex-MTB rider of the same age.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
whittashau said:
Lars Boom, Luis Leon Sanchez, Diego Rosa & Davide Malacarne join Astana

“Boom is a classics rider as well as a Grand Tour teammate, and won stage five this year at the Tour de France in conditions not seen on the pave in more than a decade -“

“Malacarne and Rosa are strong Italian riders who can help Fabio Aru in stage races -“

Also seemingly cofirming that Aru will stay. Really fantastic signings by Astana.

Some very nice signings, Astana seem to be cleaning up this transfer season thus far. :)

Boom will get a good opportunity to have a team committed entirely to him for the cobbles which is nice. He should do well next year having a guy like Nibs to support him. :p

Armchair cyclist said:
No they didn't: you must be looking at a cached version.

:confused:

Strange... I did the search directly from the front page (the one where you can select which language you want to use. If I go from the English page, however, it does indeed say 'Gomez'.
I rest my case and will now leave until I have something topic-related to add. :eek:

Armchair cyclist said:
Yes, I think we all know that, but the rider we now know as Sebastián Henao Gómez was unveiled to the world earlier in his career as Sebastián Henao Marin.

Was 'Marin' always an administrative error, or a journalistic error that spread, or has something happened in the family to make them disassociate from that surname, or what?

interesting question

Ryo Hazuki said:
this happens all the time in colombia. for instance mauricio soler rodriguez bacem mauricio soler hernandez

And do you have an explanation for it?

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Navarro has signed new contract with Cofidis. So no reunion with Contador.

Edet, Molard and Hardy also extended their contracts.

Regarding Spanish names: We use:
first name - middle name (not always) - father's last name - Mother's last name

It's very unlikely that you change maternal family name because you usually grow with your mom.... That sometimes a mother wants to change father's lastname due to any issues between the current or past couple, it may happen and should follow a legal procedure. And it mostly happens during childhood...

Adults changing names? Seldom, but even more strange that someone would try to remove his/her maternal family name, when in our culture, mom and christian symbols are sacred.

What happened in both cases? Probably stupid journalists. Are you aware for example that "Larraondo" led the KOM during Giro?
Bn8GHQ8IYAAAtRN.png

Or that he was hired by Team Colombia?
BoKuycPIIAE6GQm.png

I was just taking a look through the Garmin and Cannondale riders who are supposedly out of contract for next year and it's fair to say an awful lot of them will struggle to get a Pro-Conti contract never mind a World Tour one. A few exceptions including the likes of Dennis of course.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Any chance the Alonso project merges with Garmin/cannondale?

They both keep blabbing on about "bringing F1 thinking to cycling," and both are pretty mum on transfers/acquisitions.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.