• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2015 > 2016

Page 124 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Any news about Carlos Galviz and Yonathan Monsalve? They don't seem to have a contract for 2016 and both are pretty decent riders that could do well on any proconti team.

Re: Re:

JRanton said:
Jagartrott said:
Leukemans to retired.
Unbelievable that no team picked this guy up to strengthen their classics squad.

It is crazy. I thought Lotto Soudal would be an obvious landing spot to further strengthen their challenge to Etixx.

He didn't want to race on Continental level, and I think that the Marseille squad (who were interested at some point) didn't have the budget nor the programm he was looking for. It's a shame tho, he was always there from KBK till the Hilly Classics

JRanton said:
Jagartrott said:
Leukemans to retired.
Unbelievable that no team picked this guy up to strengthen their classics squad.

It is crazy. I thought Lotto Soudal would be an obvious landing spot to further strengthen their challenge to Etixx.

I think something must have gone wrong when he left Lotto in 2007, otherwise he would have been back at Lotto already instead of at Wanty!

TourOfSardinia said:
JRanton said:
Jose Serpa (at Lampre last year) is another rider to retire.
Emanuele Sella too
according to Gazzetta:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/03-01-2016/ritiro-emanuele-sella-jose-serpa-140143375882.shtml
(still not stripped of his epic Giro wins way back when)
Ciao Lelle :(

If I was going to cheat to win bike races, Emanuele Sella's 2008 Giro would be how I would want to do it. Hilarity all around, no half measures, just ludicrously obvious mountain exploits.

And he's the only man to win a Passo Fedaia MTF ;)

Libertine Seguros said:
TourOfSardinia said:
JRanton said:
Emanuele Sella too
according to Gazzetta:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/03-01-2016/ritiro-emanuele-sella-jose-serpa-140143375882.shtml

If I was going to cheat to win bike races, Emanuele Sella's 2008 Giro would be how I would want to do it. Hilarity all around, no half measures, just ludicrously obvious mountain exploits.

:D

Riccardo Ricco would probably disagree, but Sella actually made those Giro mountain stages a one-man show. Great entertainment / 90's cover act.^^
Too bad, he missed out at Kronplatz against Pellizotti.

To be fair, he ain't been no worse cyclist beforehand already and was at least decent again in the first years after his ban.

Still always gonna be remembered as a one hit wonder, though. But as a great one. Those iconic black and white pictures when he stormed up Reiterjoch <3. That was actually when I fell (back) in love with cycling .... and this time forever!

Thank you Lelle & goodbye! :)

staubsauger said:
Libertine Seguros said:
TourOfSardinia said:
JRanton said:
Emanuele Sella too
according to Gazzetta:

:D

Riccardo Ricco would probably disagree, but Sella actually made those Giro mountain stages a one-man show. Great entertainment / 90's cover act.^^
Too bad, he missed out at Kronplatz against Pellizotti.

To be fair, he ain't been no worse cyclist beforehand already and was at least decent again in the first years after his ban.

Still always gonna be remembered as a one hit wonder, though. But as a great one. Those iconic black and white pictures when he stormed up Reiterjoch <3. That was actually when I fell (back) in love with cycling .... and this time forever!

Thank you Lelle & goodbye! :)
That 2008 Giro was a total blast - I doubt Benny Hill could have staged a funnier bike race :D

When the motorbikes can't keep up with the attacks uphill you know it's great viewing!!

Gavazzi to Androni-Sidermec

DSC_0124-knqB-U140195236751ucF-620x349@Gazzetta-Web_articolo.JPG

Gazzetta:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/08-01-2016/mercato-androni-sidermec-arriva-francesco-gavazzi-140195236751.shtml

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Dominique Rollin retires again. Does anyone know the backstory here? I thought he came to Cofidis for 2015 at the specific request of Bouhanni, but it now seems like Bouhanni wants him gone.

Minor transfer story, I know, but -- anyone?

JRanton said:
TMP402 said:
Josh Edmondson appears to be with NFTO now. Way to squander a career.

I thought he'd join One Pro who have a much better calendar than NFTO but it seems they weren't interested. He did pick up some decent results last year at An Post, certainly enough to land a Pro Conti contract.

He certainly did, but the crucial problem is that he only seems to have actually raced for An Post for a period of less than three months. So he showed he's still a talent, but he also seems to have furthered the impression that he's flakey. I'm guessing it's the latter issue rather than his results that present the problem for him in getting a better ride.

NFTO is not a good place to land, really. They simply don't get enough quality races and very few indeed with a parcours that will suit him. Even if he wins a bunch of domestic non UCI ranked events that won't do him much good.