• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2015 > 2016

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Another Brit who will have a wasted career:
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/two-new-brits-sign-for-team-sky-185052

The Team Sky Signing Process:
Dave phones the rider telling him how good it will be.
They sign with the team.
They find out soon enough he's wrong as they are work horses for their (insert length of contract).
When they leave Team Sky, they arent the same rider as they were before. e.g. EBH, Cav

Re:

TI-Raleigh said:
Nibali may leave Astana this year. Reported offers from BMC and Trek Factory. Also says that Nibs is considering starting his own team... I wonder if he will be more creative than to simply capitalize his last name.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/07/news/report-change-on-the-horizon-for-nibali_379941#wCF5p4o370b2cAyS.99

"Nibali will leave the turquoise team at the end of 2016, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. BMC and Trek Factory Racing have been named as squads who might sign him, but the newspaper reported that the 30-year-old Sicilian is considering a team of his own."

"[...]end of 2016" being the important part.

images

Re:

MatParker117 said:
Going back to Sky here's who's apparently signing:

Peters, Moscon, Landa, Gorka, Benat, Kwait, Golas,

Who's leaving? Wiggo & Porte have already left Zandio, Earle & Pate are likely, who are the other two?

Jon Izagirre and Geoghegan Hart (signed as staigiere) are rumoured as well so 7 riders would have to leave.

I guess the following are most likely to leave - Zandio, Earle, Pate, Porte, Sutton, Eisel and Knees.

But there could be some surprises.

Re:

MatParker117 said:

Who's leaving? Wiggo & Porte have already left Zandio, Earle & Pate are likely, who are the other two?

Benat isn't officially confirmed yet. In Teledeporte during the TdF he confirmed that his first option is to stay with Movistar.

Re: Re:

MatParker117 said:
TMP402 said:
elfarto said:
Catwhoorg said:
Team Nibbles, sponsored by some food company maybe ?
One can wonder if that company is Segafredo

With Riis as manager.

There were rumours Fassa Bortolo is thinking about getting back into Mens cycling. There's a few companies in here in the UK as well that are interested. Nibali to lead Team Virgin?

If a second British team were set up, I would consider it a crime not to focus on Thomas, Kennaugh, Dan Martin, Stannard, Swift and Rowe. Let Sky be fully about GCs and the second team do something else.

b.broadhurst said:
MatParker117 said:

Jon Izagirre and Geoghegan Hart (signed as staigiere) are rumoured as well so 7 riders would have to leave.

I guess the following are most likely to leave - Zandio, Earle, Pate, Porte, Sutton, Eisel and Knees.

Someone posted earlier Eisel is likely to re-sign for two years.

MatParker117 said:
TMP402 said:
elfarto said:
Catwhoorg said:
Team Nibbles, sponsored by some food company maybe ?
One can wonder if that company is Segafredo

With Riis as manager.

There were rumours Fassa Bortolo is thinking about getting back into Mens cycling. There's a few companies in here in the UK as well that are interested. Nibali to lead Team Virgin?

Any chance Ferretti comes back?

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
lemon cheese cake said:
Another Brit who will have a wasted career:
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/two-new-brits-sign-for-team-sky-185052

The Team Sky Signing Process:
Dave phones the rider telling him how good it will be.
They sign with the team.
They find out soon enough he's wrong as they are work horses for their (insert length of contract).
When they leave Team Sky, they arent the same rider as they were before. e.g. EBH, Cav

Sad, but I fear Tao Geoghegan Harts development will come to a halt if he signs with Sky. And I have him on my emerging riders 2015-2017 team.

b.broadhurst said:
MatParker117 said:

The rumours so far seem to indicate a further rebalancing towards yet more climber and consequently even fewer big lumps.

Zinoviev Letter said:
b.broadhurst said:
MatParker117 said:

The rumours so far seem to indicate a further rebalancing towards yet more climber and consequently even fewer big lumps.

I don't think it will be that 7. Losing Sutton, Eisel and Knees would leave Sky with no one for the cobbled classics.