• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Saramotins is the key classics domestique Sagan was lacking so far. Good signing. McCarthy's qualities are obvious as well. I'm not too sure about Pelucchi, he's kind of limited in his abilities. On a good day he can compete with the best sprinters on pan-flat courses, but lately these good days have been rare. And I can't see him either being part of a sprint train for Sagan, Bennett or even Ackermann.

I'm surprised to not see Paul Voß in the 2017 squad - this was his best season so far, I'm curious were he will end up next year.

I doubt Saramotins will feature in the (pre-)final of any classic to help Sagan. Burghardt will be the strongest helper for Sagan, they should have picked up Elmiger.

Re: Re:

BalearicBeats said:
WheelofGear said:
BMC's classics team for Flanders and Roubaix finalised: GVA, Oss, Elmiger, Ventoso, Drucker, Quinziato, Küng, Schar

No Dillier if he's in good form?

It's an insanely strong team tbh.

Based on this season it looks like they are trying to develop him for the Ardennes instead of the cobbles. A doubtful choice given his qualities and obvious potential on cobbles, but maybe the best for the team, given they are strong enough without him in the cobbles but would like more depth in the Ardennes.

qwerty16 said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Saramotins is the key classics domestique Sagan was lacking so far. Good signing. McCarthy's qualities are obvious as well. I'm not too sure about Pelucchi, he's kind of limited in his abilities. On a good day he can compete with the best sprinters on pan-flat courses, but lately these good days have been rare. And I can't see him either being part of a sprint train for Sagan, Bennett or even Ackermann.

I'm surprised to not see Paul Voß in the 2017 squad - this was his best season so far, I'm curious were he will end up next year.

I doubt Saramotins will feature in the (pre-)final of any classic to help Sagan. Burghardt will be the strongest helper for Sagan, they should have picked up Elmiger.

And yet Saramotins has more Paris-Roubaix top 10s than Burghardt.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

BigMac said:
Kokoso said:
BigMac said:
He might have been embarassed or ill-at-ease to tell Sergio that, afterall, he'd not be going with him.
And just that is callled jerk behaviour. I can understand your explanation, but even than it doesn't make it look like non-jerk behaviour.
WT or not WT material; that probably doesn't have context anyway.

Not in my town, it's not.
Try to imagine the situation. You are in role of Paulinho, unsure on what your at least one future year will be. Whether you will go on with bike racing, which was promised to you by Contador, or whether you will need to earn your money elsewhere. That's usually pretty important in one's life. Now Cotador knows he won't take you with to the new team, but doesn't make a call for weeks. Maybe because embarassed, I can understand that, but still jerk behaviour. I'm sorry, I don't believe it is not "in your town".

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Not sure you can blame Berto for Trek refusing to sign his (ex-)friends.
I don't think it's about this; it's about Contador not being able to make phone call for weeks. Future of other human being may depend on that phone call, so it sounds quite important, doesn't it?

Contador's lovers as usual; searching for something or someone else other than Contador. We have blaming Paulinho (fot not asking...Contador promised to tell Paulingo, right?); there is no second side of the story, but still it's pointed out.

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I read about it, in a Portuguese spot paper.

It leave me sad, not because Paulinho isn´t going to Treck because i admit that sometimes the leader want to, but the structure don´t... Só that it´s not what leave me sad.

I think Contador should have talk with Paulinho. In live what we get and leave better is the human moments, it´s people. So i think that part is the most important. My favorite rider, Contador, should stop and think a lot in all he is doing in the last months... And i hope all the mistakes, being human, training or pshycologic, can be changed.

TMP402 said:
qwerty16 said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:

And yet Saramotins has more Paris-Roubaix top 10s than Burghardt.

Hayman has more wins in Paris Roubaix than Vanmarcke and Sagan combined. Would you pick him over them?

But yes, Saramotins has some decent results in Roubaix (although both in '12 and '15 he was in the early brake). In the other classics he mainly ends up outside of the top 100 or as a DNF. In the meantime Burghardt is nearly always present when there are like 30 riders left. And, while Burghardt nearly always had several leaders to rider for, Saramotins often could do whatever he wanted. No, I can't see Saramotins be of much value for Sagan, unless he makes some huge progress in his mid-thirties.

Zinoviev Letter said:
pastronef said:
Jani Brajkovic rumored to Bahrain-Merida

This is the weirdest transfer season rumour so far. I can only assume that some Bahraini princeling used to watch cycling four or five years ago and hasn't bothered to check what Brajkovic has been like since.

UHC is a good place for riders to find a second chance, but Brajkovic has been terrible.

It's called Gorazd Stangelj and his search for slovenian riders.

Ricco' said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
pastronef said:
Jani Brajkovic rumored to Bahrain-Merida

This is the weirdest transfer season rumour so far. I can only assume that some Bahraini princeling used to watch cycling four or five years ago and hasn't bothered to check what Brajkovic has been like since.

UHC is a good place for riders to find a second chance, but Brajkovic has been terrible.

It's called Gorazd Stangelj and his search for slovenian riders.

Also Brajkovic lives in Dubai.

TRENDING THREADS