• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 124 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

GP Blanco said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
UAE abu dhabi signed the moroccan that surprised on the WC last year

I hope his results will be better than that of the Moroccan rider who rode with Euskaltel
He's still young, he could become a decent rider.
Speaking of Moroccan riders, Zahiri Abderrahim has signed with Unieuro. He's 21 years old has already ridden many French races and finished 31th on gc in the Tour de l'Avenir. He isn't your typical Moroccan rider who's strong on the flat, he's a short, compact and rather stocky climber (159cm tall and 57kg heavy). I don't know if he's the biggest talent from Morocco, but it's bit of a transitional year for Unieuro, Carboni has signed with Colpack and they've signed a deal with the Bulgarian federation and now they have 6 Bulgarian riders, but I don't know good those guys are.

Manuel Bongiorno has found a team. Italian Continental team Sangemini-MG.Kvis :)
C52dqOoXQAgbAQo.jpg

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

ciranda said:
LOL

They need to make room for Bobridge too though.

Kokoso said:
No, I was not pointing these guys out to show that they don't deserve to be at World Tour. I've pointed that when these guys are in WT, the other guys could be there too.

Yeah, the term 'world tour level' is often used to praise or dismiss someone. But in reality it's just some longer and harder races with stronger competition and hard to say in advance for sure who can adapt and do well. Take the dismissal of Karel Hnik above; well he was a strong u23 who couldn't get better contracts than with Cult and Verva Active and then it gets harder to make an impression and get noticed because of the limited race programs these teams have. That does not mean he's not *world tour level*. Many many riders including Hnik have better credentials as far as results than Bevin, Blythe, Fenn, Howard etc etc etc etc.

Kazistuta said:
Kokoso.... no, just no....

Hnik would be World Tour pack fodder, and Sisr is only PCT quality atm. Both still interesting though.

Hirt could be an interesting addition to a world tour team, but let's just say he's not proven any kind of stability.. most of his points have come from Austria.

You don't get it. It's not about objective evaluation of worth by some random nerds, it's a consistent pattern of inequality about who gets opportunities. You can argue if it's a problem or not but have to acknowledge it.
I didn't even remember this ridiculous discussion with TMP402, Ciranda so on.

Verva finished and now we are here.

Kokoso said:
ciranda said:
LOL

Kokoso said:
No, I was not pointing these guys out to show that they don't deserve to be at World Tour. I've pointed that when these guys are in WT, the other guys could be there too.

Yeah, the term 'world tour level' is often used to praise or dismiss someone. But in reality it's just some longer and harder races with stronger competition and hard to say in advance for sure who can adapt and do well. Take the dismissal of Karel Hnik above; well he was a strong u23 who couldn't get better contracts than with Cult and Verva Active and then it gets harder to make an impression and get noticed because of the limited race programs these teams have. That does not mean he's not *world tour level*. Many many riders including Hnik have better credentials as far as results than Bevin, Blythe, Fenn, Howard etc etc etc etc.

Kazistuta said:

Hnik would be World Tour pack fodder, and Sisr is only PCT quality atm. Both still interesting though.

Hirt could be an interesting addition to a world tour team, but let's just say he's not proven any kind of stability.. most of his points have come from Austria.

You don't get it. It's not about objective evaluation of worth by some random nerds, it's a consistent pattern of inequality about who gets opportunities. You can argue if it's a problem or not but have to acknowledge it.

http://www.roadcycling.cz/aktuality/karel-hnik-prestoupil-do-ceskeho-tymu-topforex-lapierre

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

*** the quick said:
Kokoso said:
ciranda said:
LOL

Kokoso said:

Kazistuta said:

http://www.roadcycling.cz/aktuality/karel-hnik-prestoupil-do-ceskeho-tymu-topforex-lapierre
Yep, that's what I'm pointing at (in the context of previous discussion) - not even continental team for Hnik. Sad fact for such talent.

Kokoso said:
**** the quick said:
Kokoso said:
ciranda said:
LOL

Kokoso said:

Kazistuta said:

Yep, that's what I'm pointing at (in the context of previous discussion) - not even continental team for Hnik. Sad fact for such talent.

Hnik is obviously a competent PCT rider, so it's a shame that he has been unable to get even a CT ride. But I don't really understand what he has done to be regarded as "such a talent". He won four or five small races in 2014 and has done little that I've noticed since. You've obviously been paying attention to the guy, so what level of talent do you think he is and why? Is it just based on his (indeed promising) 2014?

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Zinoviev Letter said:
But I don't really understand what he has done to be regarded as "such a talent".
Don't understand this. It's clear from the context: "such talent...capable of riding at least at continental team".

It's the same as with Kazistuta before. When I said Hnik is capable of riding on WT level, Kazistuta reacts with disdain "Kokoso...no, just no, he would be WT pack fodder". When I said Baska is riding at WT team so Hnik can too, TMP402 reacts "Baska was also an odd choice to criticise".

What's wrong with you, people.

TRENDING THREADS