• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Lexman said:
Might Benoot go to Ineos?

https://www.hln.be/sport/wielrennen/sergeant-maakt-zich-ongerust-over-benoot-tegen-het-geld-van-ineos-kan-niemand-op~aae045ba/

I don't have access to the complete article, but that's what the title seems to suggest?

Not in the mood to translate but here is the Benoot part of the article in Dutch

Tiesj Benoot (25)

Sergeant noemt de 'case' Benoot <<het moeilijkste dossier>>. <<Het uitgangspunt is dat we Tiesj graag willen houden>>, zegt hij. <<De gesprekken lopen via zijn manager. Tiesj is een slimme ­kerel, hij wil zelf niet over geld praten. Uiteraard spreken we wel over hoe hij zijn carrière ziet evolueren. Ik moet bekennen dat ik niet helemaal op mijn gemak ben, want er zijn kapers op de kust. Ik hoor dat Dave Brailsford op zoek is naar Belgen - waarom weet ik niet - en Benoot zou een

target zijn. Dat verontrust me. Tegen het geld van Ineos kan ­niemand op. Ik denk wel dat wij Tiesj sportief meer te bieden hebben: bij ons kan hij overal kopman zijn. Hoe ook, het is duidelijk dat de markt open ligt voor Benoot.>>

Re: Re:

Samamba said:
Lexman said:

https://www.hln.be/sport/wielrennen/sergeant-maakt-zich-ongerust-over-benoot-tegen-het-geld-van-ineos-kan-niemand-op~aae045ba/

I don't have access to the complete article, but that's what the title seems to suggest?

Not in the mood to translate but here is the Benoot part of the article in Dutch

Tiesj Benoot (25)

Sergeant noemt de 'case' Benoot <<het moeilijkste dossier>>. <<Het uitgangspunt is dat we Tiesj graag willen houden>>, zegt hij. <<De gesprekken lopen via zijn manager. Tiesj is een slimme ­kerel, hij wil zelf niet over geld praten. Uiteraard spreken we wel over hoe hij zijn carrière ziet evolueren. Ik moet bekennen dat ik niet helemaal op mijn gemak ben, want er zijn kapers op de kust. Ik hoor dat Dave Brailsford op zoek is naar Belgen - waarom weet ik niet - en Benoot zou een

target zijn. Dat verontrust me. Tegen het geld van Ineos kan ­niemand op. Ik denk wel dat wij Tiesj sportief meer te bieden hebben: bij ons kan hij overal kopman zijn. Hoe ook, het is duidelijk dat de markt open ligt voor Benoot.>>

I'll give it a crack, how hard can it be? :D

"Sergeant names "the case" Benoot "the possible dossier". The baseline is that we want Tiesj,
Say Hi!
The talks are ongoing through his manager.
Tiesj is a bad boy, who doesn't want to talk about money.
Generally we want to evolve him over his entire career.
I must admit, I'm not completely in my chambers, but want capers up the coast.
I hear David Brailsford is up the train of belgians, why I don't know - a Benoot is one target.
Trust me!
Nobody can compete with the money of Ineos.
I think we have more to offer Tiesj in terms of sporting development, by us he can become GC captain.
Hoe OK - That is how the market presents itself to Benoot."

How did I do? :p

Broccolidwarf said:
Samamba said:
Lexman said:

Tiesj Benoot (25)

"Sergeant names "the case" Benoot "the possible dossier". The baseline is that we want Tiesj,
Say Hi!
I hear David Brailsford is up the train of belgians, why I don't know - a Benoot is one target.
Trust me!
I think we have more to offer Tiesj in terms of sporting development, by us he can become GC captain.

I'll join you!

Sergeant named the Benoot case "the most possible paper". "The core matter is that we would like to keep Tiesj", he said. "The talks are run with his manager. Tiesj is a slimy creep, he will not himself talk about money. Afterall, we speak about in which direction his career should develop. I must admit that I'm not on my home turf; he wears his capes at the coast. I hear that Dave Brailsford is looking for Belgians - I don't know why - and Benoot is one of his targets. That annoys me. Against the money of Ineos nobody can compete. I think that we can offer Tiesj more regarding his sport: at our team, he can be the main guy. But okay, it is obvious that the world is open for Benoot.

Apart from the "slimy creep" and the capes on the coast parts, I think I got most right :D

tobydawq said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Samamba said:
Lexman said:

Tiesj Benoot (25)

Say Hi!
Trust me!

I'll join you!

Sergeant named the Benoot case "the most possible paper". "The core matter is that we would like to keep Tiesj", he said. "The talks are run with his manager. Tiesj is a slimy creep, he will not himself talk about money. Afterall, we speak about in which direction his career should develop. I must admit that I'm not on my home turf; he wears his capes at the coast. I hear that Dave Brailsford is looking for Belgians - I don't know why - and Benoot is one of his targets. That annoys me. Against the money of Ineos nobody can compete. I think that we can offer Tiesj more regarding his sport: at our team, he can be the main guy. But okay, it is obvious that the world is open for Benoot.

Apart from the "slimy creep" and the capes on the coast parts, I think I got most right :D

Dammit!

I hoped "I must admit, I'm not completely in my chambers, but want capers up the coast." was correct :cool:

Alrighty then:
The Benoot case is complex, says Sergeant. We wish to keep Benoot, and the talks go through his manager. Tiesj is a smart dude, he doesn't want to talk about money himself. Of course we do talk about how he sees his future career. I have to admit I'm not completely at ease though, because there are other teams that want to seize him. I heard DB is looking for Belgians, don't know why, and Benoot is supposedly a target. That worries me. Against Ineos' money, no-one can compete, but I think we have more to offer sportingly: Tiesj can lead any race at our team. Whatever the case, Benoot has plenty of options.

Re:

Ricco' said:
Tim Merlier joins Corendon - Circus immediately, starting racing already tomorrow at the Baloise Belgium Tour.

Antoine Benoist (World U23 cross bronze medallist) will join as a trainee from August 1st.

Merlier will ride the road season with the team but switch back to Creafin - Tüvsud (or whatever it's called) for the CX. He will do a Gianni Vermeersch basically.

TRENDING THREADS