• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Two Brits Lead the Tour de France

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
zapata said:
If contador was signed up by Sky, he would presumably still be racing like a champion. Wiggins is like a good Leipheimer, which is the worst thing in the world.

The thing is I am talking about florecita clear dislike to Sky as whole in previous pages i.e.

''Will Team Sky go away when they have their precious British Tour winner..? Please?''

Nothing to do with Wiggins now. But I agree with your statement though but Wiggins is far better than Leipheimer, not just good :p

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Contador attacks. He's fun to watch. Wiggins just sits there, behind his nauseating wall of domestiques, and wins in the end. It's worse than the postal years. At least armstrong would attack once in a while.

Sella and Pantani were fun to watch too.. And Kittens swimming, dwarf wrestling and flea circuses. The odd one out... Sella and Pantani. There's nothing illegal about the others.

Gloin22 said:
The thing is I am talking about florecita clear dislike to Sky as whole in previous pages i.e.

''Will Team Sky go away when they have their precious British Tour winner..? Please?''

Nothing to do with Wiggins now. But I agree with your statement though.

Yes I hate Sky. But that comment had nothing to do with Sky themselves but with their racing.

And if Alberto had ever joined Sky I would've hated it - but the love for a rider is stronger than the hate for a team.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yes I hate Sky. But that comment had nothing to do with Sky themselves but with their racing.

And if Alberto had ever joined Sky I would've hated it - but the love for a rider is stronger than the hate for a team.

And is the rest of peleton so much better ?

They let Sky do pacing and VERY FEW actually try to attack. Instead - the rest just sit on their wheels and follow them as long as possible.

Do you hate those riders too ?

gingerwallaceafro said:
Sella and Pantani were fun to watch too.. And Kittens swimming, dwarf wrestling and flea circuses. The odd one out... Sella and Pantani. There's nothing illegal about the others.

Yes, I liked pantani a lot. In fact, he was the one who got me interested in cycling. Sella was fun, as well, but only for a couple of weeks.

And, as for dwarf wrestling, believe it or not, but this is one of my earliest memories of an olympic competition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmW-GJYimbA

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Yes, I liked pantani a lot. In fact, he was the one who got me interested in cycling. Sella was fun, as well, but only for a couple of weeks.

And, as for dwarf wrestling, believe it or not, but this is one of my earliest memories of an olympic competition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmW-GJYimbA

Ronningen was awesome! I think his haircut with the ref's sunglasses would be a very rare look indeed..

gingerwallaceafro said:
Ronningen was awesome! I think his haircut with the ref's sunglasses would be a very rare look indeed..

It's strange to think, now, but for a little while in 1988, dwarf wrestling was the most popular sport in norway. Along with ladies handball. Maybe it's like that with cycling in the UK at the moment?

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
If contador was signed up by Sky, he would presumably still be racing like a champion. Wiggins is like a good Leipheimer, which is the worst thing in the world.

Firstly, WTF!

Secondly, SKY wouldn't touch AC with a bargepole. For those that don't know, that's like a very long stick.

I believe we are in the 2 Brits Lead the Tour de France thread so here we are then.. Back on track - Hip, Hip, Hurray!!

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
It's strange to think, now, but for a little while in 1988, dwarf wrestling was the most popular sport in norway. Along with ladies handball. Maybe it's like that with cycling in the UK at the moment?

Definitely, I remember the winter olympics when our girls were doing well (British, if they weren't doing well, Scottish), we were excited about curling! I have to tell you, I still love this mate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
I thank you!

There's no way Gesink or Sanchez (A class rider) would contest this TDF. Wiggo, Froome, Nibali, Evans would be ahead and also Hesjedal I reckon. Sanchez always after.

I always thought Wiggo would have won last year too, but we'll never know.

gingerwallaceafro said:
Definitely, I remember the winter olympics when our girls were doing well (British, if they weren't doing well, Scottish), we were excited about curling! I have to tell you, I still love this mate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

Arh. I'm not quite old enough to remember it, but it's been replayed so often, that I only need to hear that voice for a millisecond before I cringe and switch it off.

Anyways, sorry for taking this thread slightly off topic. Congratulations with having two brits in the top of the tour de france, enjoy it while it lasts!

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Arh. I'm not quite old enough to remember it, but it's been replayed so often, that I only need to hear that voice for a millisecond before I cringe and switch it off.

Anyways, sorry for taking this thread slightly off topic. Congratulations with having two brits in the top of the tour de france, enjoy it while it lasts!

Thanks mate, that's the purpose of the thread, it's historic for us and I'll enjoy it while I can. It could always go wrong in the Pyrenees (I doubt it), but for now it's chapeau boys!

I finally made the decision to join this forum having followed it for several months.

What a great tour so far for Sky, All there hard word over the last couple of years in paying off big time now.

It's brilliant for us Brits to have a 1-2 and it would take a massive attack next week from Nibali, Evans or VDB to stop that now.

Millar's win today also made it 4 different British tour winners this year!

TRENDING THREADS